*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Web Content Designer
Location : Hartford, CT (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
Job Description :
This is Us
- The State of Connecticut is embarking upon a digital transformation to uplift the lives and well-being of our residents, businesses, and employees. Our goal is to improve access to our programs and services, making interaction with government easier. When you join the Connecticut Digital Service, you’ll be part of a team creating simple experiences personalized for everyone. If you enjoy solving complex problems with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, then the State of Connecticut is the place for you.
Is This You?
- Digital Mastery. You create high-impact web experiences that change people’s lives.
- Solution Focused. You easily see problems in everyday processes and seek ways to solve them.
- Data Aware. You know how to use data and user feedback to radically improve content.
- Customer-centric. You understand high-level UX and how to design digital journeys for real people.
- Info Junkie. You stay on top of industry news and the latest best practices for your skillsets.
- Highly Organized. You understand project planning, agile methodology, and delivering on deadlines..
- Service-Oriented. You are passionate about public service and improving experiences for citizens.
About the Role
The Content Developer will work closely with our cross-functional project team focused in building and improving the State of Connecticut’s digital government services. The Content Developer will support the mission by assessing customer needs and creating content for websites, knowledgebase hubs, chatbots, and digital applications. An ideal candidate should know content inside and out – how to structure it, how to write it, how to use it in UX design, and how to track it. You must be an expert copywriter, but you must also show a high level of mastery of content taxonomy, SEO, service design, and optimizing customer journeys.
You will need to have a deep understanding of our audience and be able to clearly communicate how your content will address their needs. In addition, the candidate should show a command of content analysis, as well as creating mobile-first experiences and working across teams.
Experiences Required for This Role
Content Development – At least 3 years of measurable experience in the following:
- Developing modern content for large websites with multiple departments and sizable portfolios of services, informational assets, and applications
- Creating high level content strategies that focus on logical taxonomies, streamlined user journeys, and human-focused design
- Planning for the discovery, analysis, segmenting, creation, delivery, tracking, and governance of content
- Aligning content with business goals, stakeholder objectives, and user needs
- Inventorying and auditing of content on a local or enterprise level
- Copywriting – a high proficiency in writing for real people and motivating them to action
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics to develop original content and optimize current content
- Creating high quality content pieces that can also be used for content marketing needs, including advertising, social media, and email campaigns
- Editing content and proofreading material for errors and inconsistencies
SEO and analytics – At least 3 years of experience with the following:
- Conducting keyword research, developing SEO strategies, and using industry best practices to increase SERP results and build traffic to content
- Practicing both technical and on-page SEO methodologies to help build Google’s “EAT” objectives
- Developing high-impact KPIs and tracking the measurable success of content
- Using customer research and site analytics to prove that content is meeting user needs
Content Optimization and Governance – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Defining customers’ needs and identifying content gaps that prevent satisfactory digital experiences
- Optimizing and categorizing content to align with a service-oriented information architecture
- Working with subject matter experts to write clear text in plain language that achieves defined goals
- Reviewing and improving existing content for accuracy, legibility, accessibility, and compliance with State Content Guidelines
- Structuring content in ways that customers are used to, and knowing the difference between features and benefits
- Setting up governance models that support the maintenance of content after publishing
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Knowledge of Sitecore or a comparable CMS
- Expert copywriting and editing skills
- Content marketing
- SEO and analytics
- Knowledge/experience with project management tools (Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Jira)
- Effective communication skills
- High emotional intelligence
Performance in Complex Situations
- Ability to distill complex concepts into simple ideas
- Deadline-driven and able to handle simultaneous tasks, using prioritization models and team communication tools
- Comfort in suggesting better strategies or pointing out risks in current development efforts
- Dependable, organized, and equally able to work independently as well as in cross-functional team environments
- Supporting teammates’ skills and behaviors through development and delivery
- Communication and collaboration with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Creative and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Judgment in dealing effectively and diplomatically with government staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
Other Desirable Skills
- Highly proficient in Sitecore
- Bachelor’s degree in UX, Web Design, Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
- 3 years of website content development work for a company or institution in a full-time role with defined project-driven goals
- Experience with chatbots, search consoles, and helpdesk services
- Proficiency with content tools, especially development, inventory/auditing, and SEO tools
- A portfolio of published online content
- Industry certification in a field-related discipline
- 1 year of experience using customer relationship management platforms such as Salesforce
- 1 year of experience using Google Analytics (preferable GA4)
- 1 year of experience using data dashboard software like Power Bi
- Content marketing
- SEO and analytics
- Web content management systems – Knowledge of content management systems
- Writing and Editing Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree – Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
- Communication skills both verbal and written
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5283 EX 110/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Sitecore, MS Office, JIRA, Salesforce, Google Analytics, MS Power BI, Site Analytics, Teams, GA4
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-4776