***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : UX Designer
Location : Hartford, CT (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 8+ Years
Job Description :
This is Us
- The State of Connecticut is embarking upon a digital transformation to uplift the lives and well-being of our residents, businesses, and employees. Our goal is to improve access to our programs and services, making interaction with government easier. When you join the Connecticut Digital Service, you’ll be part of a team creating simple experiences personalized for everyone. If you enjoy solving complex problems with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, then the State of Connecticut is the place for you.
Is This You?
- You enjoy designing services, products, websites, and graphics tied to existing and new digital products.
- Big Picture Thinking. You strive to improve internal processes and externally facing solutions.
- User-centric. You derive joy from working with people to drive user-centered research and testing.
- You understand how to reach and move an audience with an engaging story.
- Embrace Change. You have experience thinking outside of the box, understand the perspectives of others, interpret and validate with data.
- Service-Oriented. You are passionate about government innovation and improving services for citizens.
About the Role
- The UX Research Manager will support the mission by working with CTDS product designers and product managers throughout the entire product development lifecycle, from identifying foundational resident needs during the discovery phase to measuring impact on the user after a product or feature has launched. The UX Research Manager will serve as a voice for the user, utilizing broad skills in both qualitative and quantitative research to facilitate a user-centered design process.
- In addition, you will help scale user research at the State of Connecticut by building and managing a team of user researchers within a growing tech and design space. You and your team will become trusted to work with a diverse set of state partners to understand, improve, and test varied government products and designs. The candidate should also have experience working in an Agile environment.
Experiences Required for This Role
UX Research Management – At least 5 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Building teams through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researchers.
- Mentoring direct reports in mixed methods research (qualitative and quantitative), understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different methods, including when and how to apply them throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on research team members’ study plans and deliverables.
- Planning global and strategic research roadmaps based on the continually evolving needs.
- Guiding prioritization of research requests across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Conducting a wide range of primary research end-to-end (designing studies, conducting research, analyzing, and reporting out learnings) both in-person and remotely.
- Synthesizing and translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering customer needs, company strategy, and product goals.
- Effectively communicating at every level of audience from team members to leadership, with knowledge of how to “speak the language” of other teams.
- Crafting strategy and long-term vision, while maintaining iterative success points, as well as setting and tracking meaningful success metrics.
- Collaborating with vendor research teams and manage these relationships and deliverables.
- Persuasively translating insights and recommendations to elicit action and inspire ideation in cross-functional team environments.
- Relentlessly focusing on the user experience and advocate for UX research within and beyond the organization.
User Acceptance Testing – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Building and running tests (ideally automated) to confirm the service or product meets user and stakeholder needs
- Helping to discover problems while the service is being developed, not once it is live
- Checking the operating environment to make sure test results are valid
- Helping increase user and agency confidence in future service or product delivery
- Helping reduce the risk of reputational damage
- Recruiting and leading testing groups
- Running research sessions with users
- Understanding accessibility issues and engage with team to build with equality
Digital Platforms, Tools, & Discipline – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Working with enterprise scale digital platforms and products
- Using of productivity and analysis tools to manage iterative delivery, such as JIRA, Google Analytics, Git Repository, MS Teams, Confluence
Performance in Complex Situations – At least 3 years of experience and user cases with the following:
- Communication and collaboration with state-wide partners
- Encouraging of an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer-focused work environment
- Comfort in blazing a path through an ambiguous work environment
- Judgement fitting to the ever-changing environment
- Government-specific task management
- Supporting teammates’ skills and behaviors development and delivery
- Communication and collaboration with state-wide partners
- Drive to tackle and break down large challenges with the team
- Creative and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Judgement in dealing effectively and diplomatically with government staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as user experience, research, design, information architecture, human factors, psychology, behavioral science
- 5+ years’ experience as a dedicated Senior or Lead UX researcher
- 3+ years’ experience building and managing UX research teams
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including design, development, product management and leadership
- Experience with digital products and services
- Project management and people management skills
- A portfolio showcasing comprehensive research experience with meaningful outcomes
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- 8+ years’ experience in UX research, including building a UX research team from the ground up
- Experience working with government entities
- Knowledge of human factors, UX design, and service design
- Experience working in an agile environment
- The UX Research Manager will work as part of an iterative team using agile sprints. Work will be assigned based on items in the product backlog associated with Website Improvements. These tasks may be adjusted, reduced, or expanded as the project progresses through various phases. The contract employee shall be expected to maintain and provide written documentation on any work performed in conjunction with this engagement.
- The engagement will be for a term of up to 12 months. All work will be performed in eight (8) hour shifts, Monday to Friday, excluding State holidays. If workflow dictates an on-site presence is not needed, consultant may work remotely. All extended remote work will need approval by Chief Digital Officer or the designated manager. Payment will be on a time and material basis and paid only for hours worked. Travel to various state offices will be required. State Agencies are in downtown Hartford and the Greater Hartford area. Local Travel Reimbursement is not provided.
- Use of State Resources: The contractor will share a dedicated office space and will be provided with all computer hardware and software needed to execute and perform the duties for this program.
- Security/Privacy Considerations: Information accessible by the contractor may be sensitive, confidential, or subject to the Privacy Act and/or HIPAA considerations. Contractor personnel must be familiar with and comply with the provisions of appropriate regulations and/or instructions. Signing of a confidentiality agreement will be required. Daily sign-in to the facility may be required. The contractor employee must always display an access badge while present in state facilities. A background check will be required.
- User Experience Design (UX)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Position Keywords: JIRA,Google Analytics,GIT,MS Teams,Confluence,UX
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4030