*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Test Automation Lead
Location : Richfield, MN
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration :10 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : W2
Experience : 7 Years
Job Description :
Client is transitioning from Oracle HR to Workday HCM. Looking for a Test Automation Lead to lead a team of 6-10 Test Automation Developers using the Tricentis Tosca product with Workday HCM. The HCM Test Automation Lead will reduce the risk of frequent Workday HCM releases by leading 6-10 Test Automation engineers in the design, development, maintenance, and release of a test automation suite built using Tricentis Tosca.
Position Summary/Job Description:
- The Test Automation Lead leads a team of 6-10 test automation engineers, onshore and offshore, and is responsible for development, test and deployment of automated tests using the Tricentis Tosca product in a high intensity, deadline driven environment. The Test Automation Lead will be responsible for planning, designing, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting through all layers of the Testing Development Life Cycle. The Test Automation Lead reports to the HCM Platform Engineering Manager and will work with HR Transformation testing teams, product owners, business analysts, eadership and engineering squads to facilitate the delivery needs of the program.
Primary Responsibilities Associated with This Role Are:
- Serves as the Automation Team Lead, responsible for Test Automation. Leads 6-10 testers, negotiate scope, develop estimates, plans, monitoring metrics, and provide daily guidance to the team and the client. Provide daily metrics to the project leadership. Support the life cycle of the change requests.
- Facilitates and coordinates all Test Automation project activities from inception through completion of entire systems development lifecycle of multiple projects; including estimating, scheduling, status tracking, reporting, and issue and risk mitigating responsibilities.
- Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes automation test team(s) members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact to client’s project management.
- Manages client expectations and balances the needs of company and client to ensure satisfaction for relevant parties.
- Candidates must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team. The Test Automation Lead must manage professional relationships, be able to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal situations and be comfortable providing critical analysis to assist decision makers.
Desired Skills Include:
- 5-7 years automating the testing of business processes in a large-scale, packaged software solution
- 3-5 consecutive, recent years leading distributed (onshore / offshore) test automation teams
- Determines automation testing strategies and guides the work of less experienced team members
- Knowledge of automation testing techniques to cover all possible corner cases for automation testing, verification, and validation techniques
- Experience working with test tools, processes, approaches, and techniques
- Must have good analytical skills and proven experience in analyzing and writing automation scripts for complex business rules and rule engines
- Skilled in estimating, planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting.
- Must have a proven experience of at least 3 consecutive and recent years in leading the development of automation framework and automation (functional) test scripts
- Experience working with business process test methodologies environment, demand for products and market competition
- Must have proven experience developing custom automation scripts using test automation frameworks available in market. For e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Karate, etc
How much time will the resource spend pair programming?
- As the Leader of the HCM Test Automation Team, I would expect that the Test Automation Lead is spending significant time reviewing and working side-by-side with team members to ensure success. Part of that strategy may include pair programming.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- Development of automated (functional) test scripts using an automation framework (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Karate, etc.)
- Ability to analyze competing objectives, communicate trade-offs and prioritize work efforts accordingly across a team with multiple projects
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Ability to strategize and organize work as needed to keep a team productive when confronted with prioritization challenges or limited access to business SMEs.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Workday HCM experience
- Tricentis Tosca experience
Will there be a Hacker Rank test Required for this REQ?
Prescreening Questions: Must be submitted on resume, no exceptions!
- Consider the commercial Test Automation solutions with which you’ve worked. What characteristics of your preferred solution made it the right tool for the job? What characteristics of your preferred solution proved challenging?
- Briefly describe how you work to ensure you are automating the right activities.
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5381 EX 112/470-780-2413 EX – 104
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Oracle, Oracle HR, Human Capital Management, Workday HCM, Workday, Tosca, Selenium, Cypress JS, Karate
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 10 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-265