***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Sybase PowerBuilder Developer
Location : Hartford, CT (Onsite)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 10 Years
The candidate may be called upon to provide technical leadership over a group of experienced PowerBuilder developers. While the actual management and oversight of the team will be the responsibility of a State manager, the candidate may be expected to ensure the continuity of technical activities according to published planning guidance and to provide technical implementation guidance relative to child welfare and SACWIS. The candidate may also participate in certain design and development activities in support of the LINK Application. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring that recommended modifications to the LINK Application meet the operational mission of the application as well as conform to the expected technical standards of the application. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test and implement maintenance changes to the LINK PowerBuilder application as assigned.
- Assisting the LINK Application Manager with coordination of activities related to each quarter’s software development lifecycle.
- May lead analysis and design initiatives involving operational changes to the LINK application of significant technical complexity or risk.
- Develops Business and Technical Specifications as needed.
- Provides quality assurance and testing support as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of nine (9) years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience with the PowerBuilder integrated development environment, including development, debugging and deployment and the use of the PowerScript language.
- Experience in IBM DB2 relational database environments in support of two-tier client server software applications.
- Experience with the Advanced PowerBuilder Object Library (APOL).
- Experience in the design, development and maintenance of DataWindow based solutions.
- Experience in the analysis, design, development, testing and release of applications through the agency’s Software Development Lifecycle methodology.
- Experience in the use of object oriented (OO) development principles such as Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism.
- Design, development and performance tuning of relational database query scripts (SQL) as well as the use of embedded SQL.
- Experience with code control/version management software, such as SourceSafe, PVCS or a generic CVS.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office tool suite as well as the Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange collaboration environments.
It’s highly desirable that the candidate also have:
- Experience with the implementation and support of child welfare software applications and specifically, SACWIS systems.
- Sybase PowerBuilder – Advanced (7-9 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103/470-480-2407 EX 101
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Power Script,IBM DB2,APOL,Data Window,analysis,design,Inheritance,Polymorphism,SQL,PVCS,CVS,Microsoft Office,SACWIS,Sybase Power Builder
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3554