Hope you are doing well,
Please find the urgent client requirement mentioned below and share some suitable profiles.
Role : Senior Data Engineer
Location : Bay Area, CA
Duration : Contract
- Advance skills in big data technologies like Hadoop, Python, Spark, SQL.
- Must have experience building data APIs.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the field of Data Engineering
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithm.
- Strong Python programming skills with ability to implement OOPs and functional programming. Knowledge of Scala/Java would be plus.
- Strong knowledge on RDBMS and NoSQL databases with the ability to implement them from scratch. Knowledge of Graph databases will be a plus.
- Strong expertise in building & optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience working with different file formats like Parquet, ORC, Avro, RC, etc.
- Experience with big data infrastructure inclusive of MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, YARN, HBase, Oozie, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of using orchestration frameworks like Airflow, Oozie, Luigi, etc.
- Experience using Spark and building jobs using Python/Scala/Java.
- Experience or Knowledge building stream processing platforms using Spark Streaming, Storm, etc. Knowledge of Kafka/Flink+Beam would be plus.
- Knowledge of building REST API end points for data consumption.
- Experience in building scalable data pipelines for both real time and batch using best practices in data modelling, ETL/ELT processes utilizing various technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Presto, SAP HANA, Airflow, informatica.
- Perform Data analysis using Python, complex SQLs, and other tools.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues from platform standpoint on Kubernetes, Containers, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto
- Excellent oral and written communication is a must.
- Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience building self-service tools for analytics would be plus.
- Knowledge of ELK stack would be a plus.
- Knowledge of implementing CI/CD on the pipelines is a plus.
- Knowledge of Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) will be plus.
- Experience working with one of the popular Public Cloud based platforms is preferred
Praxis Consultants Inc
Phone: +1 201 812 2051
Website: www.praxisconsultantsinc.com Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/karthik-pentani-b75791191/
Position Keywords: Data API`s, hadoop
Pay Rate: $60
Job Duration: Long term contract
% Travel Required: 100%
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: 123456
Work Authorization: h1b, USC,GC,H4EAD