***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Sr. Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location : Lincoln, NE (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 24 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 10 Years
- The Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer will provide design and implementation expertise as the team builds and deploys a new micro service-based benefits platform. This individual will need broad experience and a cross-disciplinary approach to provide leadership in the areas of cloud security, governance, automation, architecture, and application/service development. This role is a “hands on keyboard” position, owning daily implementation and operation tasks, while also providing guidance to other team members as needed.
Scope of Activities:
- The Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer will demonstrate strong competencies across these responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain a multi-subscription Azure landing zone for a new micro service platform, including networking, security configuration, and policy.
- Establish and operate effective monitoring and alerting using native Azure services or commercial tools as needed.
- Build automated CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps for modern, cloud-native service deployment. Integrate testing, security, and approval mechanisms into pipelines as needed.
- Design and implement infrastructure as code (IaC) approach for pipeline and application infrastructure.
- Consult with and advise team on the design of highly available, scalable, and secure cloud systems.
- Contribute to cloud service design, implementation, troubleshooting, and operation as needed.
Required Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system
- analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of seven years of cloud DevOps experience
- Has led or participated in creation of new cloud development or migration of existing environments to the cloud.
- A minimum of five years implementation experience with Azure DevOps
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of cloud technologies and disciplines
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
- Relevant certifications and training
- Candidate will have hands-on experience deploying and operating AKS (Kubernetes), Azure Functions, SQL and NoSQL databases, as well as other services from the Azure ecosystem.
- Demonstrated history of supporting various container and micro service network/communication patterns, including asynchronous messaging, REST APIs, and service mesh.
- Ability to configure advanced deployment options (blue/green, canary deploys, etc) in CD/CD pipelines.
- Experience with cloud-native systems (as opposed to traditional/on-prem systems) preferred.
- Candidate should be effective using ARM templates, Terraform, or similar approaches to create modular, reusable templates to enable developer self-service infrastructure deployment. Familiarity with more than one Infrastructure as Code technology is a plus.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and educate other team members regarding various design factors and best practices in the public cloud.
- Ability to understand and optimize cloud infrastructure costs.
- Experience deploying and operating cloud native, PaaS, and “server less” cloud systems.
- Capability and experience working with one or more programming or scripting languages (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Trusted and respected as a cloud thought leader
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term technical outcomes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams
- C# – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Java – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Python – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- SQL/NoSQL – Candidate will have hands-on experience deploying and operating SQL and NoSQL databases – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- New cloud development or migration – Has led or participated in creation of new cloud development or migration of existing environments to the cloud. – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Cloud DevOps experience – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- AKS (Kubernetes) – Candidate will have hands-on experience deploying and operating AKS (Kubernetes) – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Azure Functions – Candidate will have hands-on experience deploying and operating Azure Functions as well as other services from the Azure ecosystem. – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Bachelors Degree – Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience – Proficient (4-6 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Azure,Networking,DevOps,Kubernetes,SQL,Database,REST,API,Terraform,Java,C#,Python,AKS,Cloud
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 24 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3754