*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Senior Gen Application Developer
Location : Lincoln, NE (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration :24 Months
Interview Type : Web Cam Interview Only
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 3 Years
Job Description :
- DHHS is seeking a Senior Gen Technical Consultant to provide expert technical support to enhance, maintain and operate the development environment for an in-house application. The application utilizes Broadcom Gen (v8.5), including dependent and related software in a large-scale, complex client (Windows) / server (IBM zOS mainframe) technical environment.
- N-FOCUS (Nebraska Family Online Client User System) is an in-house integrated system that automates benefit/service delivery and case management for several Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) programs. The application is comprised of the following components; batch, online, and web. NFOCUS data is stored in DB2 database.
- The primary role of the N-FOCUS team today is to maintain and enhance the N FOCUS application. This includes providing users with technical and business support to keep the system current with government policy and industry technology, both of which continue to change at a rapid pace. Business and technical contract and full-time State team members are organized into teams that are involved in application development (Gen, AION, COBOL, Web, Reporting), technical architecture (workstation communications, mainframe communications, print architecture, reporting architecture administration, document imaging administration), database administration, configuration management, project management, business requirements and testing, application and production support, and training. Approximately 30 technical and 30 business team members are assigned to the N-FOCUS team.
- DHHS prefers a candidate that possesses the skills and experience that span both the GEN client/server development and encyclopedia tools and the zOS GEN Implementation Toolset (IT).
The candidate will:
- work as part of a small team that provides development environment support, configuration management, Gen encyclopedia management, release management and application architecture support
- provide depth to the small team across a range of N-FOCUS applications architecture and development environment support tasks
- lead enhancement projects for development work to the GEN platform of the N-FOCUS application
- Assist with incremental modernization options for the Broadcom GEN portfolio.
- Significant experience with large-scale, complex GEN application environments.
- Experience with the GEN Workstation/Toolset and Workstation/Build Tools.
- At least 3 years software development experience (subsetting and coding) with the Gen toolset in a client/server GUI environment, version 8.5 or higher. Experience must be current (within the last year) and must be in support of a large-scale, complex application system with a Microsoft Windows client and a relational database server.
- Experience with DB2 relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL statements
- Experience in debugging CICS Command level application, CUC, and CICS Transaction Gateway
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in gathering requirements from a diverse audience, both business and technical.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience with state Health & Human Services systems requirements and portfolios, particularly integrated eligibility solutions.
- Experience with NE DHHS N-FOCUS applications environment a plus.
- ActiveX control experience.
- Experience in assessing application performance issues, identifying efficient solutions to address performance issues, and the ability to tune database access paths related to a complex data model. Experience must be current (within the last year).
- Experience with configuration and encyclopedia management in support of a multi-developer, multi-model, complex GEN Client/Server Encyclopedia (CSE) environment.
- Experience with typically dependent software tools for similar client/server environments, such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/C version or Microsoft Visual Studio 2019/C version
- Experience with solutions involving enterprise Microsoft Windows Server environments and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience upgrading GEN technical environments from one release to the next.
- Experience with modernizing GEN applications, particularly towards an enterprise Java environment.
- Experience with the GEN CICS ECI middleware and IBM CICS Transaction Gateway.
- Experience with GEN Workstation Cross Generation Option for OS/390.
- Experience with GEN Implementation Toolset (IT) for zOS and upgrading the IT from one version to the next.
- Experience with the REXX scripting language (automated build scripts).
- CICS Command – Experience in debugging CICS Command level application, CUC, and CICS Transaction Gateway
- Communication Skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in gathering requirements from a diverse audience, both business and technical.
- DB2 Relational Databases – Experience with DB2 relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL statements
- GEN application – Significant experience with large-scale, complex GEN application environments
- Software Development – At least 3 years software development experience (subsetting and coding) with the Gen toolset in a
- client/server GUI environment, version 8.5 or higher. Experience must be current (within the last year)
*******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5283 EX 110/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: MS Windows, Database, DB2, COBOL, SQL, CUC, MS Visual Studio, MS Windows Server, MS Server,C, Middleware, Java, IBM
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 24 Monrhs
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-121