*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Quality Assurance Analyst
Location : CT (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration :5 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 5+ Years
Job Description :
- The State of Connecticut, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the “Authority”), has an anticipated opening for an experienced Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst. The Software QA Analyst works for the Solution Delivery Lead and is responsible for executing complex test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. The QA Analyst is involved in test planning, writing test cases, documenting expected results, test execution and release deployment. Types of tests include manual functionality testing, accessibility, usability, and performance testing.
About the Authority:
- The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
- Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees
- when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
Examples of Duties:
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the platform
- Perform evaluations of capabilities of our custom software applications and determine what functionality should have manual test scripts created and/or updated
- Identify, record and track enhancements and bugs in Jira associated with the development and testing of our custom software applications
- Determine test script candidates for record and playback testing using Selenium IDE
- Execute test plans for each release utilizing a combination of manual testing and Selenium IDE execution
- Review overall test results to identify areas of improvement
- Contribute to QA reports to support software health and deployment readiness decisions
- Record and track any bugs or issues in Jira, including cause and solution
- Participate in required feature refinement sessions to define acceptance criteria for solution and test components
- Collaborate with the software developers and technical architecture team to resolve issues and recommend solutions
- Maintain system documentation as required
- Assist in training new business team members as required
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
- Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
- One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in such areas as: installation and support of microcomputer hardware, software and operating systems; analysis, design and development of information systems; network hardware and software installation and support; network hardware and/or software problem diagnosis and resolution; performing any closely related professional IT function. NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 5+ years’ experience with software development, business/systems analysis, or testing
- 3+ years’ experience with QA testing
- Experience using Jira and Xray Test Management
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce Report Builder
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium
- Experience with the agile software development
- Experience with accessibility testing
Other Key Skills:
- Interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share authority and responsibility in high stakes, complex and fast-moving work environment.
- Project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Relationship-building skills and ability to inspire collaboration, including success in working in teams, projects, and people towards action through persuasion.
- Ability to be professionally engaged, present, and on-camera using virtual face-to-face technologies (MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx, chat, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem solving and taking initiative, while utilizing a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgement in a complex organizational ecosystem.
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5810 EX 113/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: JIRA, Selenium, IDE, Salesforce, MS Teams, Webex, Report Builder
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 5 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-4395