***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : QA Analyst
Location : Seattle, WA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 3 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, W2
Experience : 6 Years
Job Description :
Position Summary/Job Description:
- Client is seeking a strong QA Analyst with 6 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role. You will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and executing quality test cases and test scripts focused on enhancing the performance and quality of our mobile applications. You will need a high level of attention to detail and the ability to clearly communicate complex issues in a technical manner, as well as the ability to work with automation tools to enhance and update our existing set of test cases.
- Ensure the quality of all digital products by performing functional, design, copy, accessibility, cross-platform and regression testing.
- Work with the Technical Manager, Project Manager, and QA Lead to verify all customer and business requirements and participate in sprint planning and feedback for all product releases.
- Validate and troubleshoot reported bugs and clearly communicate problems and severity to appropriate development personnel.
- Validate the full list of business rules and/or functional specifications documentation against the application being tested.
- Document defects/issues in JIRA, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate.
- Ramp up on automation languages and tools, and add/update automated UI/UX test cases.
- Create test plans and manage and process bug reports per project.
- Provide work estimates for all sizes of projects, including level of testing effort and hours required.
- Interpret and convert feedback from non-technical staff and customer service groups into actionable items for the development team.
- Attend project stand-ups and QA team check-ins to provide status updates on projects.
- Implement detailed and scalable application testing processes and best practices for their team.
- Maintain working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas.
- Stay up to speed on new browsers and mobile application technologies.
- 6 yrs experience testing customer-facing applications
- 4 years exp in mobile (iOS/Android) testing required
- 1 yrs experience monitoring & manipulating network traffic (CharlesProxy preferred)
- Able to estimate, plan and execute testing cycles
- API Validation Testing
- Previous cross platform tool experience (ReactNative preferred)
- Functional knowledge of Xcode and Android Studio
- Prior defect trending and triage experience
- Exposure to multi-platform and hardware device testing
- Experience both writing and running automated tests
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a high-speed and high-productivity environment
- Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity and strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about trends for new embedded hardware solutions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial and customer service groups
- Strong interest in end-user applications, with an investigative drive to Client the underlying causes of technical problems
- Exposure to database-based applications, including some basic SQL queries, is a plus
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent work experience) and at least 4 years of experience testing mobile applications, preferably retail-focused.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and testing techniques
- Able to adapt to changes in product development as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- Years of experience: 6 , with at least 4 years in mobile device testing.
- Strong QA skillset, with a working familiarity with core testing concepts and the ability to both perform and advocate for Best Buy Quality Best Practices.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity, and strong organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial, and customer service groups.
- Strong technical skillset, including a high level of proficiency with proxy testing tools (CharlesProxy/Fiddler/etc…) and hands-on experience with mobile device testing (iOS/Android).
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Previous cross-platform skills (ReactNative, etc…)
- Exposure to multi-platform and hardware device testing.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5381 EX 112
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4497