***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Mainframe Cobol Developer
Location : Lincoln, NE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 24 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 7+ Years
This position is for a Batch COBOL Application Developer/Senior for the State of Nebraska – MMIS System. Under general direction, this position will be responsible for all phases of system development and maintenance including:
- Performing analysis and design of COBOL and IBM DB2 batch computer applications.
- Batch COBOL programming, debugging and testing.
- Programming complex SQL against relational databases.
- Ability to work directly with various levels of business and technical staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
- Providing support and problem solving for production and test issues for large, complex applications in constrained timeframes.
- Mentoring less experienced team members as needed.
- Managing small-to-medium projects or components of larger projects.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Associate Degree in Data Processing or equivalent.
- At least 5 years full lifecycle software development experience with COBOL accessing DB2 databases in an IBM zOS mainframe environment, using checkpoint/restart techniques for batch applications. Software development experience must be current (within the last year) and must be in support of a large-scale, complex application system.
- At least 5 years experience with relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL accessing a large, complex application database (on the order of 700+ tables, 8000+ columns, 400+ relationships, 1 Billion + rows). Experience must be current (within the last year).
- Experience working as part of a large (40+) software development team using structured procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with oncall production support of a large, complex application including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes.
- Experience with the following software support tools: TSO, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, QMF/SPUFI, Xpediter, IDCAMS, DB2 Load/Unload, Syncsort.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
- Strong collaborative skills, service oriented, and strong interpersonal skills with various levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong analytical skills that include working directly with business staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
- Strong organization, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years experience as an applications developer with team responsible for the Nebraska State Child Support system (CHARTS) or a child support system for another state.
- Experience with IBM/DB2 database tools and UDB.
- Experience with DB2 Stored Procedures and triggers.
- Working knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook) and Niku Clarity Workbench.
- At least 1 year managing small to medium projects or components of larger projects.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2407 EX 101/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: COBOL,CICS,DB2,IBM,Z/OS,SQL,TSO,Abend-AID,File-AID,QMF,Xpediter,IDCAMS,Syncsort,NDM,SFTP
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 24 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3495