***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : LAN Support Technician
Location : Hartford, CT (On Site, Locals)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8 Years
Job Description :
- 6-8 yrs exp Full-time professional work experience in maintaining and supporting Local Area Networks (LAN) including: troubleshooting and repair of hardware, computer systems and peripherals, workstation software, and maintaining user accounts. Substitutions: Accredited college training may substitute for the required work experience, with a maximum substitution of four (4) years. (Fifteen (15) semester hours in Information Technology or a related area is required.) Accredited graduate training in the above area may substitute for the required work experience, with a maximum substitution of one (1) year. Successful completion of an Information Technology Certification program, may substitute for the required work experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years. (Proof of certification must accompany application.) One (1) year of work experience as a Network Engineer-Associate ; LAN Administrator-Associate ; Help Desk Coordinator-Senior ; Systems Administrator-Associate may substitute for all of the required experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment and is service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving desktop support issues in a fast-paced environment while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Ability to provide feedback and input to the IT department for forecasting and benchmarking desktop computing resources and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience with various desktop hardware, virtual devices, printers, and peripherals.
- Experience in various Windows operating system environments (Windows 10, MS Server 2012, 2008, 2016 ) and ability to capture desktop images and utilize diagnostic tools to ensure desktop environments are functioning optimally.
- Experience with SCCM, MDT, scripting, Active Directory, PowerShell, McAfee, CrowdStrike, and Group Policy.
- Experience and working knowledge in using and supporting Microsoft productivity software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, O365, Teams, and Sharepoint).
- Experience in Telecommunications: configuring VoIP phones (including softphones) such as Avaya. Knowledge of cellular devices/services, contacts, and billing.
- Experience with BMC ticketing system or other ticketing applications.
- Experience with maintaining hardware inventory and surplus equipment.
- Experience creating/writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for IT staff and customers.
- Additionally, candidates should be familiar with modern host and client-based productivity and collaboration tools such as Slack, Google Docs, GoTo Meeting, Webex, Quick Assist, etc. They should be able to assist end-users with basic connectivity and access, triage emerging support issues, and escalate protocols as required
- Windows 10
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Learning ability
- Team work
- Active Directory
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5245 EX 107/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Windows Operating System,MS Windows,MS Server,MS SCCM,Deployment,MS Deployment Toolkit,PowerShell,Productivity,VoIP,Avaya,Webex,BMC,CrowdStrike,Slack
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4660