*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Java Developer
Location : Salem, OR (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 14 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10+ Years
Job Description :
Agency is contracting with Contractor for ITPS, with deliverables to be completed by Contractor under this WOC, in support of the Compass eXPRS Project.
The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and OregonDepartment of Human Services (ODHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
The Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS) is a program of the Department of Human Services in coordination with the Oregon Health Authority. ODDS is refining Oregon’s developmental disabilities system to be more person-centered through the Compass eXPRS Project. eXPRS is a web-based system developed to manage long term care Medicaid services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). The project has already improved some aspects of the system such as the Oregon Needs Assessment — a flexible and universal tool to collect information about what each individual needs.
OIS seeks an experienced Software Engineer 4 to support further development, enhancement, and improvement to the eXPRS application.
Contractor’s Key Person under this WOC will support the following needs of the Compass project, eXPRS application:
- Enhance the management of Rates, Add Ons, and Bed Capacity to allow for retroactive changes and automated claims adjustments.
- Enhance flexibility and historical tracking of Service Group changes to align Service Groups with enhanced program rules and policies.
- Enhance hours management for in home services and exceptions to align with program rules and policies while enhancing flexibility in the Plan of Care.
- Enhance rate management to allow more flexibility in the management of Community and Facility rates.
- Add tools for providers to help with rate forecasting.
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of service management.
- Implement the new service model and provide tools to ensure outcomes are well communicated.
- Implement tools to ensure services and rates and handled per requirements.
Through a series of Tasks and Deliverables, the Key Person shall develop and deliver updates to eXPRS application, including software code changes and documentation.
Work will be comprised of the following:
- Documenting completed enhancements to ensure complete system documentation for the eXPRS application.
- Completing defect and change requests for code modifications associated with the Services that impact the eXPRS application.
- Engaging in multiple discussions with system and business experts as well as attending daily Scrum meetings.
- Engaging with the ODHS business product owner to understand mandatory functional business requirements and timelines.
- Documenting solution options, impacted system areas, system dependencies, and gaps in system capabilities needed to fulfill requirements.
- Engaging with the ODHS project technical architect to understand technical standards, and documenting technical design.
- Engaging with the OIS technical manager and technical lead to review level of effort and timelines.
- Provide full transparency into the work performed by Contractor, and the Deliverables required to meet the objectives of this WOC. Sprint reports must document Contractor is successfully completing agreed-upon Services.
- Following Authorized Purchaser’s existing requirements management, design, development and issue tracking processes and development standards (including naming conventions) during the course of performance. Authorized Purchaser’s existing processes use Azure DevOps (ADOS) and similar tools for tracking issues and an Agile Scrum approach is followed for development work
The schedule for completing the Compass Project is dependent on the business and other project work. The Services will be completed using an Agile approach.
Sprints will be completed by the Key Person as follows:
- Participate in daily and weekly sprint planning and review meetings with Authorized Agency’s Solution Development and Delivery (SDD) and Business Support Unit (BSU) eXPRS teams
- Advise on incremental definition and delivery of the Office of Developmental Disabilities Program COMPASS requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of requirements using incremental functional prototypes and receiving and documenting feedback from business and technical stakeholders
General Deliverables cadence:
- Regular status reporting of sprints which are expected to be 2 weeks each
- Regular demonstration of working prototypes expected every 1 to 2 weeks
- Product deliverables and timelines
- Technical specifications for each product deliverable including database changes, changes to interface programs, changes to batch programs, changes to application modules, and all use cases
Required skills and experience:
- J2EE (10+ years of experience)
- IBM DB2 UDB (10+ years of experience)
- Java (10+ years of experience)
- Eclipse (10+ years of experience)
- Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Disabilities Services, eXPRS Application Development (1 – 3 years experience)
Proposals must include:
- Examples of prior work product relevant to the Services and Deliverables described in this Opportunity (maximum five pages).
- A summary of Key Person(s) qualifications and experience providing the requested or similar services. If Key Person(s) are the Proposer’s sub-contractors, identify the sub-contracting firm and the percentage of work that will be sub-contracted out.
- A description of your organization’s experience of relevant functional business areas of Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Disabilities Services, eXPRS Application Development programs and processes, or similar knowledge from other states.
- Resumes of Key Person(s) proposed to perform work as described in this Opportunity, including their education and work experience.
- Contact information for three (3) Proposer references. References must be clients for whom your organization has performed similar work within the last three (3) years. Where possible, clients listed for reference should be state or local Oregon government agencies or health and human services organizations in other states. Include the client’s company name, address, and contact person with telephone and email address for the contact person. The contact person must be someone who was directly involved in the work and is qualified to evaluate Proposer’s performance.
- Contact information for three (3) references for each proposed Key Person. References must be for similar work performed within the last three (3) years. Where possible, clients listed for reference should be state or local Oregon government agencies or health and human services organizations in other states. Include the client’s company name, address, and contact person with telephone and email address for the contact person. The contact person must be someone who was directly involved in the work and is qualified to evaluate the performance of the Key Person(s).
- A detailed Cost Proposal for proposed Deliverables, consistent with the Delivery and Payment Schedule table below in Section I.
- Availability: Confirm that current workload allows for a start date and completion of this work within stated timeframes.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH: 470-410-5280 EX 108/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: DevOps,Azure,J2EE,Java,Eclipse,IBM,DB2,ADOS
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 14 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4839