*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Support Specialist
Location : Denver, CO (Remote, Locals Only)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 10 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 10+ Years
Job Description :
Primary Job Duties:
- This position assists in providing technical support to CSP, which includes the use of OIT’s incident/change order system and the following activities:
- Assist in the mission and support of the CAD (Computer Automated Dispatch) application and systems.
- Monitor and follow up on assigned incidents/problems/change orders in CAD queue
- Follow up on resolved/closed tickets to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide support for hardware and software issues over the phone, in person and/or remotely
- Provide resolution and assistance for current operating systems (Windows 10).
- Deploy new or rebuilt computers and technology equipment based on OIT and agency security and operational policies
- Support desktop, laptop and tablet users and solves problems with Microsoft, Adobe, Java, and other software in the production environment.
- Provide answers to end-users by researching answers; assist with training, and guiding users through corrective steps by direct assistance
- Assist with collaborating with Network, Application, Database and Server teams to resolve issues for assigned agencies.
- Respond to and correct computer system (hardware) related issues in cooperation with OIT’s Deskside support team.
- Provide resolution, assistance and limited training to standard supported applications:
- Productivity software
- Internet Browser applications
- Antivirus-Security programs
- Proprietary applications and systems
- Receive and/or log service incidents into ticketing system. Reassign incident tickets related to other Information Technology Groups for further support
Primary job responsibility:
Application Development and Support Required tasks to fulfill primary responsibility:
- Consult with Solution Architects, Solution Engineers, and others as appropriate to design applications in line with OIT strategies (e.g., Cloud First, Mobile First, Secure Colorado, etc.).
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Customers, Project Managers, and others as appropriate to assist in the creation of estimates and timelines for assigned application development projects and tasks.
- Develop applications in line with business requirements using Agile or Waterfall methodologies as needed. Perform coding (in-house applications) or configuration management (COTS applications) in accordance with standards and best practices and further minimize defects through disciplined unit testing.
- Coordinate update releases and other system changes, contribute to the implementation of break/fix solutions, and update documentation and configuration information related to changes as needed throughout the life cycle.
- Organize, build, and validate all segments of the code related to a specific build (release) for final User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure development activities within the position’s scope of responsibility are consistent with established service portfolio policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Determine the best approach in the development of an application’s code to meet the customer’s current requirements and anticipate future enhancement needs.
- Identify and recommend changes to development policies, processes, templates and standard operating procedures to improve the overall quality of work delivered.
- Collaborate across a matrix management environment with other developers and other OIT department staff as needed. Must understand lines of authority and follow protocol to engage other resources.
- Find unique ways to resolve issues in the development process to meet the requirements of the customers and lead to the most efficient implementation possible.
- The position assists in implementing projects for CSP. This includes participating in team meetings and implementing project tasks and time tracking.
- Attend and complete all internal OIT provided training and take advantage of professional development with manager approval.
- Share new knowledge or skills in form of mini training sessions with the team.
- Some legacy software might not install on newer systems. The position will assist in researching compatibility mode and if feasible will install the software using the mode recommended by the OS.
- Due to budget limitation, training may not always be funded. The position is encouraged to seek free training online or through OIT.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment, to include Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity or other related technical degrees.
- One year of professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position to include Deskside Services support in an Enterprise Environment.
- Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Training or certification related to the work assigned to the position will be considered as a substitution for the required experience and/or education.
- Experience using, deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows 7 (32/64 Bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 Bit)
- Android OS (best effort)
- Apple iOS (best effort)
- Experience using, deploying and supporting Microsoft Office Professional
- Office 2010 (best effort)
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Experience working with and managing multiple priorities and tasks with follow-through
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and other IT Teams.
- Experience in a wide range of computer technologies, monitoring hardware, software, and security topologies
- Operational experience in configuring, deploying, and managing desktops, laptops, and tablets in an infrastructure of a local area and wide area network
- Knowledge of ticket based incident support systems
- Must possess excellent customer skills
- Possess the aptitude to determine the most efficient and effective methods to meet work assignments
- Demonstrate time management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work with direct supervision
- Possess the aptitude to express technical matters both verbally and in writing in a manner understandable to personnel who may not have a technical background in information technology
- Demonstrate the ability to work in stressful environments with project deadlines.
- Microsoft – Experience using, deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Professional Experience- Deskside – One year of professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position to include Deskside Services support in an Enterprise Environment.
- Associate’s Degree – Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment, to include Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity or other related technical degrees.
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: MS Windows, Adobe, Java, Android, Desktop, IOS, MS Office, Microsoft, OS
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 10 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-4684