***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Project Manager/Business Analyst
Location : Lincoln, NE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 8 Years
Nebraska Department of Transportation/ Business Technology Support Division is seeking a dedicated IT Project Manager/Business Analyst who can perform project management and business analysis. This position would join NDOT’s Information Technology Project Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) team in helping to manage IT projects from initiation to closure.
Under general direction, this position would be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating project management activities of designated project(s) ensuring that the goals and objectives of the project(s) are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and requirements. Must have excellent relationship building, leadership and client management skills. Must have a deep understanding of project management tools and approaches to managing complex projects.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for project portfolio and upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude are expected. Will report to the IT portfolio manager.
- Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree or Technical degree in Computer Science/Software Development/Project Management (or equivalent combination of education and minimum 5+ year’s Project Management experience).
- Must have minimum 2+ years of experience in managing projects/software development utilizing Agile SDLC.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
Must possess experience with the following project management activities:
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven experience in project management.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies such as Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Experience as an IT project manager or ERP project manager
- Leading process to complete project charter and obtain necessary approvals
- Creating and publishing project documents to include project scope, project schedule, business requirements, risk assessment and response, and time estimates
- Determining resources required to accomplish project objectives
- Conducting or participating in stakeholder meetings
- Creating and executing plans for communication, change control, quality and risk control, and specific coordination of activities
- Oversee execution of project tasks, monitoring performance and solving project slippage and/or constraints in timely manner
- Managing stakeholder expectations, project risks and solving problems
- Controlling project scope and changes, schedule, and status reporting
- Facilitate closeout activities like lessons learned and customer feedback
- Extremely detail oriented
- Perform analysis and document process flows.
- Understand and perform QA/QC functions as well as potentially lead others in QA/QC activities.
- Capture business requirements and assist with design and development.
- Experience with Azure DevOps to create product backlogs, user stories & tasks
- Must be able to perform Process Flow Analysis of existing systems/applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be able to work onsite and remotely when required
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Experience supporting Department of Transportation / Highway Safety / Traffic Safety / Financial systems.
- Experience with all aspects of project management.
- Experience with Agile development utilizing SCRUM.
- Experience working with Developers and end users is a plus.
- Project Management certification desired, but not required.
- Perform or assist with testing as needed.
- Experience with Web Services and Windows Services.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with CICS.
- Experience handling multiple projects.
- NDOT utilizes Agile development methodology.
- NDOT has a number of legacy systems built using COBOL, CICS and DB2 Z/OS.
- Data Modeling – Novice (1-3 Years)
- Microsoft SQL Server – Novice (1-3 Years)
- MySQL – Novice (1-3 Years)
- Adobe Acrobat – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Integration planning and strategy – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Process Flow Analysis – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Project management – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Active Directory – Novice (1-3 Years)
- Esri Roads and Highways – Novice (1-3 Years)
- Microsoft Office Professional – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Microsoft office – Proficient (4-6 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH:470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3798