***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Project Manager
Location : Salem, OR(On-Site)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 7 Years
- The mission of the Oregon Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is to lead collaborative state-wide efforts, inclusive of all partners and the communities we serve, to ensure capability to get help in an emergency and to protect, mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies or disasters regardless of cause. We value the perspectives of our team, our partners and those we serve and support their efforts to advance our shared interests. We value ideas that challenge current practices while we seek out and leverage new opportunities to improve our ability to serve. We value sincere, communicative, and supportive partnerships that encourage trust and make us better than we are on our own and we value opportunities to lead our emergency management and 9-1-1 communities with integrity, respect, courage, and accountability, and to foster the development of leaders within our organization.
- Oregon House Bill (HB) 2927 was passed during the 2021 legislative session. HB 2927 renames the Office of Emergency Management (OEM) as the Oregon Department of Emergency Management (ODEM) to establish a cabinet-level department independent from the Oregon Military Department (OMD) and reporting to the executive branch of the Oregon Legislature. The transition timeline began July 1, 2021, and becomes operative on July 1, 2022.
- OEM seeks a Project Manager IV to provide expert project management leadership necessary to support internal transition planning and activities in support of the establishment of the new department.
- The OEM Establishment Project is a large body of work responsible for overseeing all internal OEM workgroups and project deliverables necessary to support a successful and timely transition. Proposed candidates should have led major organizational transformation projects.
- Develop or refine project initiation documentation
- Establish project teams
- Lead work breakdown/task identification and managing multiple detailed project schedules
- Ensure all resources are allocated to the appropriate tasks
- Maintain project schedules, timelines, milestones and critical paths
- Monitor and control project to assure timely completion
- Identify project risks while deciding which risks are likely to affect the project
- Design strategies to manage and mitigate risks
- Develop and maintain bi-weekly status reports that will be needed for executive management to make informed decisions
REQUIRED Skills and experience:
- Minimum seven (7) years of project management experience
- Current Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience and demonstrated skill utilizing the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Master skills involving follow up and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and team building skills
- Strong facilitation and group convening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Word
- Ability to work effectively in-person and remotely coordinating project teams utilizing virtual meeting platforms
- Please make sure submitted resumes clearly reflect the REQUIRED skills/experience above.
Covendis rate card description for a Project Manager IV:
- Advanced level: Individuals with a mastery of project management skills, qualifications and experience. This individual shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard. They are assigned to extremely complex and/or high risk projects that reflect the highest priorities of state government. These individuals are comfortable working with the highest levels of state government and are able to contribute to the furtherance of the states’ objectives. These individuals have the necessary skills and experience to assist in statewide project portfolio management and/or IT Investment Management.
- Our primary criteria are the qualifications and experience of the proposed key person. Please propose your strongest candidate, at a rate less than or equal to the maximum.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, we anticipate two weeks or more for the background check completion for the selected candidate.
COVID Vaccine Mandate:
- The State of Oregon requires all executive branch employees or contracted staff to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer. For more information, visit our policy listed here.
- The selected key person could potentially telecommute, as agreed to between the Agency Authorized Representative and the key person. Any decision to allow telecommuting is made with the understanding that decision will be re-evaluated by the Agency Authorized Representative on a regular basis. The key person should be available to work onsite within a reasonable timeframe.
- Telecommuting will be contingent upon the key person providing his/her own adequate office facilities, monitor(s), Internet connection, and be readily available during normal working hours via phone, email or instant message. Access to Agency systems will be provided via VPN.
- If the Agency Authorized Representative and key person agree to allow off-site work, the expectation is for that key person to work onsite as soon as the general workforce transitions back into the Agency workplace.
- Work schedule is typically Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Please note this is currently a position that ends 7/31/2022 due to 1040 maximum allowable hours.
- Interviews will be conducted on site in Salem Oregon or via virtual webinar platforms.
- Interviews will be scheduled in Pacific time.
- Please make sure resumes submitted CLEARLY reflect the required skills and experience.
- Resumes that do not reflect the required skills will be rejected, regardless of how you respond to the Qualifications section.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute, PMP – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Presentation skills – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Project management – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Team work – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Microsoft Office – Advanced (7-9 Years)
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH:470-480-2407 EX 101\470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: MS Project,MS Excel,MS Visio,MS PowerPoint,MS Word,MicrosoftOffice
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 3658