***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Business Analyst
Location : Hartford, CT (Hybrid, Locals)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 36 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 9 Years
Job Description :
- This project is in accordance with the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS) Nutrition and School Meals (NSM) office recent awarding of 4.7 million dollar in IT Capital Funds. Over the course of the next 3 years, the NSM will up-grade and overhaul the districts Point of Sale (POS) cafeteria management system. In turn, these monies will be used to streamline efficiencies and minimize the manual labor activities in record keeping that are currently in place in our cafeterias and central office locations.
- A Business Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining solutions to company operations. Applicants are expected to have at least ten years of relevant work experience, ideally in a school or educational agency, managing school nutrition data applications and processes. Their duties include analyzing financial reports, market research and operating procedures, strategizing ideas to improve business operations and meeting with company executives and other stakeholders to provide suggestions based on their analysis. Individuals in this position have demonstrated experience in the standard concepts, practices, and deliverables related to Business Analysis in support of software development projects. The candidate will understand how to gather and document requirements. The individual will have a working knowledge of the software development lifecycle as well as being well-versed in budget maintenance.
Examples of Business Analyst duties and responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyze for potential business expansion
- Budget maintenance and analysis
- Identify specific business opportunities
- Influence stakeholders to support business projects
- Assist with project management for selected projects
- Coordinate with different departmental teams to produce enhanced business outcomes
- Test business processes and recommend improvements
Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Some familiarity with the use of standard market Testing tools.
Full Job Description
- WFS is looking for a passionate and talented Junior Business Analyst to assist our Director of Applications and other subject matter professionals in gathering, validating, and documenting various system information and requirements.
- The successful candidate would be well versed in conducting in-depth evaluations and verification of the capabilities of systems, serving as a liaison between the Business Operations Team and the IT Team, to ensure that product information is properly documented and disseminated.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Business Analyst to be an integral member of the Information Technology Team who will report to the Vice President of IT of North America and become part of our global multi-cultural global IT team.
- Work with the various stakeholders and business subject matter experts to understand the target operating model and business requirements.
- Work with the IT Team, Director of Applications and business stakeholders to define an end-to-end architecture that then translates to delivery projects.
- Writing functional specifications for the delivery phases, helping the IT Team to identify and resolve any potential dependencies, risks and issues.
- Providing input to the implementation plans to ensure efficient and successful implementation.
- Create and design specifications as requested.
- Support the Testing Strategy and provide input into the coverage of Test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
- Identify and engage key downstream partners and identify cross impact to other systems.
- Interact with Business, IT and development teams to develop solutions for the business need.
- Liaise with Business Operations, consultants and managers to document business processes effectively.
- Ensure that various appropriate IT systems’ elements, including documents, periodicals, manuals, policy documents, etc. are kept up-to-date and available.
- Create and develop functional requirements of systems to improve quality, performances, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Conduct analysis of requirements by checking for derived requirements that are logical to the business requests.
- Monitor changes to baseline requirements with the use of effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Preparing reports that can be used for improving services in the organization.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the business world.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science and a minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Good collaborative skills and experience working across departmental and geographical boundaries.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- The ability to plan, organize, and structure work.
- Good analytical and evaluative skills in tasks.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence Analyst Planner
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Integration planning and strategy
- Learning ability
- Presentation skills
- Process Flow Analysis
- Project management
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 36 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4621