***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Financial Business Systems Analyst
Location : Denver, CO (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 9 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 6 Years
Job Description :
Description of Job
This position exists to support development of payment models and business processes with a level of technical expertise of healthcare payment business processes and payment models. Position is essential in doing work to develop new rate setting processes. This work can include data analysis, working with actuaries on rate setting methodologies, contract management and stakeholder engagement.
Primary Duties Include
Reimbursement Policy and Rate Model Development
- Determines what data is necessary for rate setting purposes for different types of payment methodologies.
- Helps to determine if quality measures can be executed with existing management guidance or if further clarification is necessary to do the work.
- Must decide how best to pull and analyze data.
- This position must be able to understand potentially complex rate models and be able to help providers understand their rates and the financial implications involved.
- Translating complex financial models into contractual language for our providers.
Project Management and Operational Planning to Implement Payment Reform
- Collaborate with agency stakeholders to develop new payment models for behavioral health services.
- Decides what tasks need to be completed to develop new payment methodologies.
- Must determine what tasks are a payment reform team task or if other Department staff or outside contractors are needed to assist with implementation.
- Decides in which order, and when, to perform these structured tasks.
Data Analysis Supporting Payment Reform
- Position escalates issues raised by stakeholders that exceed the legal and regulatory knowledge of this first working level position.
- In responding to stakeholder inquiries and concerns, position evaluates management guidance, then decides when is appropriate to ask for assistance if the stakeholder inquiry is outside of the scope of the guidance that the position relies upon.
- Decides appropriate time to ask for permission to escalate to other Departmental staff as needed to address complex stakeholder inquiries or concerns
- Under the direction of a senior analyst, position queries, analyzes, and prepares data for use in analyzing the policy merits of potential payment methodology reforms.
- Position becomes knowledgeable about a very large set of underlying data that must be queried in different ways depending on the particular extant payment methodology.
- Position tabulates and compiles data into formats that are useful and understandable to a variety of audiences of varying sophistication and skill.
Experience and Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- Additional, relevant, paid or unpaid experience can substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Familiarity with 837 claims data or other behavioral health or medical financial data
- Drafting language for contracts; working with contracts
- Uniform Coding Standards (CPT/HCPCS/Revenue Codes)
- Experience in Agile and/or Health IT environment
- Claims/Encounter processing
The preferred candidate will exhibit:
- Expertise in technical writing and construction of protocols and requirement documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage time and tasks.
- Ability to solve complex problems, participate in continuous improvement, and adapt to the ideas of others.
- Expertise in PHI, HIPAA, 42 CFR Part II data security, privacy regulations and consent management
Highly Desirable Characteristics
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders, speak and write authoritatively and compellingly, resolve communication problems, and negotiate and manage competing interests.
- Ability to work well with stakeholders regardless of position and authority, contribute to workgroups and committees, and adhere to clear lines of responsibility and accountability.
- Data Security/Privacy Regulations/Consent Managment – Expertise in PHI, HIPAA, 42 CFR Part II data security, privacy regulations and consent management
- Technical writing – Expertise in technical writing and construction of protocols and requirement documentation
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5245 EX 107/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 9 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4590