***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Full Stack Java Developer
Location : Richfield, MN
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : W2
Experience : 10+ Years
Job Description :
Job Description: Tell us about your department:
- Our area is part of the wider “order management” group of engineering teams. As customer orders are processed our systems locate and reserve inventory within the network of vendors, warehouses, and stores to efficiently meet the customer promise date at the lowest cost the client. To accomplish this, our applications manage the movement of inventory across locations intelligently according to a dynamic set of business constraints. If there is a home delivery appointment involved, our applications must give the customer a chance to reschedule the appointment if inventory is delayed. Also, our applications keep track of order lines on backorder until inventory becomes available. Finally, our applications release the order to warehouse systems for the “last mile” of fulfillment. This area is critical to the business, especially in this world of changing order fulfillment mechanisms and constrained supply chain.
- Today, much of our functionality is running on top of a legacy monolithic application based on IBM Sterling Order Management. Customized it over the last 20 years and until recently managed it with single large team. The legacy system has many integrations to other parts of the enterprise. The technology running the legacy system is IBM Sterling, Java, Oracle, and IBM MQ. We are interested in decomposing the system in to bounded contexts owned by separate product teams that build cloud native applications using modern techniques such as test-driven development and event driven architecture. Much of that work is already underway.
- The project is to migrate business functionality on to modern software applications over the next 1-2 years.
Position Summary/Job Description:
- This Principal Software Engineer role will report directly to the Engineering Director and will work across multiple teams. The person in this role must have the experience and know-how to migrate existing functionality out of our legacy system, and on to modern applications. This is a hands-on role providing technical leadership. It is not a role for an “ivory tower” architect. You will need to be able to work with the legacy application to create the seams that can be used to split the system. We must be able to do roll changes out incrementally, managing the risk or “blast radius” of our changes. The target tech stack is Java, Spring, Kafka, Cassandra, and CockroachDB running on public cloud.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- 10+ years of hands-on professional experience developing software in variety of contexts.
- Expert developing and running applications based on Java, Spring, Oracle, Cassandra, Kafka, IBM MQ, and enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience incrementally replacing legacy monolithic applications
- Experience working with and replacing legacy Java code
- Experience monitoring production applications and tuning them for functional and non-functional improvements.
- Experience building cloud-native applications using twelve-factor app principles
- Experience evangelizing modern software development practices, such as Test-driven development, refactoring, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and synthetic monitoring.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in retail, supply chain, or e-commerce domains
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-410-5381 EX 112/470-410-3404 EX 106
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Order Management,Sterling Commerce,IBM,Java,Oracle,IBM MQ,Spring,Kafka,Cassandra,CockroachDB
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4530