***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : DevOps Engineer
Location : Hartford, CT ( Hybrid )
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 6 Years
Job Description :
- The Department of Children and Families depends on the core mission-critical Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). The application is used by a large majority of roughly 3,400 employees including over 1,100 front line social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, SACWIS continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is also undergoing an effort to replace its SACWIS system with a new CCWIS system working in collaboration with our federal and state partners.
- Concurrently, the agency implemented a multi-faceted, agency-wide outcome measure improvement plan that specifically addresses each of the twenty-two (22) outcomes targeted for improvement driven by the original Consent Decree. A number of initiatives that comprise this improvement plan require the support of information technology.
- DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly 3,400 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually improving technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality. DCF Information Systems is currently in the process of replacing its current SACWIS and engaged in a large three year project to redefine, redesign and modernize its systems and practices.
SCOPE OF WORK
- The agency needs the service of a mid-career level DevOps Engineer to work in the DevOps/Application Support Team responsible for supporting the agencies CCWIS. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a DevOps Engineer participating in various DevOps processes including build and release management as well as configuration, testing, maintenance, and support activities of an on-premise Microsoft Dynamics implementation per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be to function as part of the DevOps team which supports the agile development of the agency’s new CCWIS system and work with System Integrators and agency technical staff to ensure the transfer of knowledge and on-going maintenance of the solutions for a given module.
Specific Services Required:
In this role, the following services are required:
- Work as part of the DevOps team in coordination with the development, testing, and production support teams to maintain and support the DevOps systems and processes that underpin the CCWIS implementation effort.
- Administer on-premises instance of Azure DevOps to include creating deployment pipelines.
- Work as part of a team to maintain, monitor, and support all instances of MS Dynamics and work with other team members collaboratively to support related systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, PowerBI and BizTalk.
- Work as part of a team to provide DevOps functions to include managing source control systems, build systems, and production control of Dynamics solutions using Microsoft Azure DevOps server.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated and assist with implementing the identified automation opportunities.
- Perform production control activates as part of the DevOps team and enforce policy related to these activities.
- Work as part of a team to design, implement and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Work with application development and System Integrators to understand the design of the core technology and architecture of systems being developed and use that information to identify and implement any required changes to the Dynamics environment to support those systems efficiently and effectively.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (14PSX0338) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification of Systems Engineer to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires the following.
- For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals and works as part of a DevOps team. A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In addition, the agency requires:
At least 5 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- In depth expertise working as a DevOps Engineer supporting large, complex development projects using an agile methodology.
- In depth expertise with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or Azure DevOps Server administration for code control, builds, patches and release CI/CD pipeline management.
- Experience using Azure DevOps to automate processes supporting complex system development projects.
- Work directly with infrastructure teams to ensure needs of the project are met.
- In depth experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 or newer administration.
- Experience configuring and managing Microsoft SQL Server including Reporting Services and Integration Services.
Additional experience with the following is preferred:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 on-premises installation
- SAFe agile framework
- Cisco AppDynamics Application Performance Monitor
- Broadcom Rally (Formerly CA Rally)
- Active Directory Federation Services
- SolarWinds Orion Server and Application Monitor
- Infrastructure as Code
- DevOps Engineer – In depth expertise working as a DevOps Engineer supporting large, complex development projects using an agile methodology.
- Infrastructure Teams – Work directly with infrastructure teams to ensure needs of the project are met.
Microsoft SQL – Experience configuring and managing Microsoft SQL Server including Reporting Services and Integration Services.
- Microsoft Team/Azure DevOps – In depth expertise with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or Azure DevOps Server administration for code control, builds, patches and release CI/CD pipeline management
- PowerShell – In depth experience writing PowerShell scripts
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH: 470-410-5245 EX 107/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Azure,DevOps,MS Dynamics,SSIS,SQL Server,SSRS,MS Power BI,BIZTALK,MS Server,MS Team Foundation,Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 4718