*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Database Administrator
Location : Atlanta, GA (Onsite)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Web Cam or In Person
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
Job Description :
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, tuning, and monitoring of SQL Server databases to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security of DOR applications both on-prem and in Cloud.
The DBA Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide operational support of databases from development to mission-critical production implementations in On-Prem and AWS Cloud environments. Coordinate, design, and configure database structures and communication links across multiple database platforms to ensure high availability and minimal downtime.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution database-related incidents and requests.
- Implement database performance metrics measurements to track and analyze database growth.
- Monitor the database (performance, memory, CPU) and assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement to increase efficiency in all systems.
- Analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, disaster recovery and/or high performance.
- Perform switchover and failover activities.
- Plan and implement homogeneous/heterogeneous migrations of databases from On-prem to AWS EC2.
- Create and manage policies for S3 buckets.
- Analyze archive requirements and implement data archival processes.
- Define backup and recovery strategies using Idera SQLSafe or Native SQL Server Backup/recovery.
- Perform Full database/PTR recoveries per application requirements.
- Work with respective Application owners/developers to ensure proper database security standards are being followed.
- Apply patches and upgrades on the databases in regular intervals as per the security compliance.
- Develop and maintain documentation on Database inventory and Capacity Utilization of the resources.
- Participate in on-call rotations. (After-hours work includes scheduled maintenance, supporting application deployment, and hardware/software upgrades).
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in support of a MS SQL Server database management system.
- Expertise in/hands-on experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (with working knowledge or previous administration of SQL 2012-SQL 2016 and Windows Server 2012+).
- 2+ years hands-on AWS experience, including knowledge of Amazon RDS, Amazon Migration Services, and database replication across multiple AWS regions.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available production systems using the following technologies: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Windows/SQL clustering, and Availability Groups.
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server patching and upgrades.
- Experience with developing scripts for SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MCDBA certifications are a plus.
- AWS Certification and/or AWS Certified Database – Specialty is an advantage
- Experience with Oracle 19c
- Experience in database technologies like Oracle, MS SQL, and AWS DB services like RDS, Amazon Aurora, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.\
Required / Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in support of a MS SQL Server database
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server patching and upgrades
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH: 470-410-5245 EX 107/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: SQL Server, Database, On-Premises, AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, Windows Server, MS Windows, AWS RDS, SQL, Clustering, Oracle, Aurora, MySQL, Postgresql, Migration, Patching, Idera SQLSafe, And Index
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-4509