*****Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Data Base Programmer
Location : Denver, CO (Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
Job Description :
- The Colorado Department of Education (hereafter referred to as “CDE” or “the Department”) dba Covendis (the Contractor), to provide a Senior Database Programmer. This project is funded through the general fund and includes new features and standardization across the department’s customer facing data for the same look and feel throughout.
- The contractor will need experience in Informatica and SQL. This involves using Informatica and SQL to load tables and generate files for federal reporting. In addition, this individual may be requested to provide recommendations, documentation, and knowledge transfer to the CDE staff.
- The Department’s Project Manager for this project is (Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Team Supervisor). This contractor will report to his designee.
- Contractor shall work closely and collaboratively with the Department’s Project Manager throughout the duration of the Purchase Order to discuss suggestions or issues and incorporate guidance from the Department while performing the work described within this Statement of Work.
- The Contractor shall alert the Department’s Project Manager, when issues or potential risks are encountered that will affect the project.
- While working at the CDE office, CDE will provide the contractor with office space, phone, and internet access at CDE’s Colfax office subject to all applicable health and safety guidelines and requirements. Contractor shall provide its their own computer hardware and software necessary to perform the Work at CDE’s facilities.
- The Contractor shall provide documentation to the Project Manager. This documentation must provide details on the work provided and at a level a Department employee can use the information to support the work at the end of the contract.
- The Contractor shall submit detailed status reports or participate in weekly status meetings as required by the Department during the engagement.
- Contractor shall retain all work papers generated for reference through the duration of the project and project acceptance.
- Contractor shall respond to all telephone calls, voicemail, and e-mail inquiries from the Department within one business day.
DESIGN, IMPLEMENT AND MAINTAIN NEW PRESENTATION LAYER TABLES TO MAKE DATA more ACCESSIBLE
- With the guidance of the CDE Enterprise Architect, the contractor shall review internal CDE documentation and use this information to design a reporting layer on Azure environment.
- Requirements Gathering and Data Modeling Skills
- Strong requirements gathering skills: ability to work with customers to gather reporting requirements and translate into a data model for reporting using Tableau, Power BI, and Ad-hoc queries.
- Strong administrative skills including repository management and knowledge of best practices regarding aggregate tables and data marts.
Azure and Data Warehouse ETL Skills
- Experience working on Azure and implementing reporting layer tables using ETL logic which pulls data from an Oracle or SQL Server database.
- Experience working with star schemas and loading reporting layer table.
- Preferred experience with Informatica or IICS or similar ETL tool.
Business Intelligence Skills
- Experience creating dashboards using Tableau or Power BI. Experience working with the creation of data sources and actual implementation of visualization dashboards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills working with both business users and technical staff
- The contractor shall demonstrate their understanding of the overall project goals and the specific goals as pertains to the contractor’s assignment for this project to the satisfaction of the Project Manager.
- The contractor be able to advise and provide guidance on the requested work.
- The contractor shall develop, maintain, and support Extract Transform and Load processes which are written using Informatica and SQL.
- The contractor shall use Informatica and SQL to load the CDE Data Warehouse tables and generate Ed Facts files for federal reporting.
- The contractor shall thoroughly test and document each step taken and perform knowledge transfer to the CDE staff.
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH: 470-410-5352 EX – 111/470-780-2413 EX – 104
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Azure, Tableau, MS Power BI, Oracle, SQL Server, Database, Informatica, SQL, Ad-Hoc Queries, IICS
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 2022-4533