***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Cisco Network Engineer
Location : Salem, OR
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 3 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 8 Years
- he Oregon Office of Emergency Management (hereafter referred to as ODM) (a child agency of the Oregon Military Department (hereafter referred to as OMD)) currently is hosting network services for both OMD and OEM in a shared Active Directory environment supporting multiple locations throughout the state. Per the Oregon State Legislature, as of 07/01/2022 OEM will be its own Department and will need to design and implement a network infrastructure to support day to day operations as well as the State of Oregon Emergency Coordination Center during emergencies and activations. Due to the unique requirements of a State Emergency Management Department, OEM needs to be completely operational either at our primary location or COOP site without dependencies of the State of Oregon network infrastructure. (Alternate network connectivity through Cable Service Provider, Microwave Towers, Satellite, Cell phone Providers, HAM Radio to send and receive email, Video Teleconferencing, and Emergency Broadcast Notifications, as well as hosting websites and resources for partner agencies and the public)
The scope of work is as follows:
- Review current design structure of the existing network as it pertains to OEM and document, design, configure, and implement a solution for secure network environment which can connect to a multitude of networks based on the current need and connectivity and includes our wireless capabilities for our location. After separation from OMD, redundant devices will be configured for a COOP location with plans for similar connectivity which should be designed into the primary network. Connect to OEM router which is currently hosting services for both OEM and OMD with a newly provided IP space. Configure Cisco Firewall for OEM, Configure Cisco Core Switch for OEM, Configure Cisco switches and Aruba Wireless controller and WAP’s for LAN access.
Candidate should have the following hardware and software experience:
- Cisco Router: OEM Public IP Addresses with connections to the State of Oregon WAN,
- Cisco Router or Firewall: to be able to send traffic through a variety of sources in the absence of the State WAN. Such as Cable Internet, Microwave Antenna, Satellite Antenna, HAM Radio network, Cellular Networks (COWS, CALFS, or Extenders).
- Cisco Core Switch: Distribute resources to a variety of VLANs as needed for secure operation.
- Cisco Switches: Distribute resources within our LAN.
- Aruba Wireless Controller and WAPs: Configure wireless devices for secure staff connection of a production network and guest/partner access for external access only.
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- CCNA – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- TCP/IP – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- UDP – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Backup and recovery – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Data center management – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Team work – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Active Directory – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- MicrosoftOffice – Proficient (4-6 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
Position Keywords: Firewall,Cisco,OEM,Routers,Cisco Routers,Switches,Aruba,WAPs,VLANs,Microwave,Satellite,COWS,CALFS
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 3794