** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Workday Finance Module Project Manager
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 3 Months
Interview Type: In-person only or Web Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 10 YEARS
This Project Manager will contribute to the implementation of Workday as the ERP solution for the State of Iowa with a specific focus on the Workday Finance Module
*** INTERVIEW DATES: Interviews will be conducted on February 27th, 28th and Monday, May 2nd. Please only submit candidates who are available to interviews on the date(s) provided. NOTE: The Manager strongly prefers candidates who can come for an IN-PERSON INTERVIEW. WEB INTERVIEWS will be considered for candidates who meet and surpass all the required skills listed. ***
As part of implementing an ERP solution, a Project Manager is needed to manage the FIN portion of the Workday project. The project consists of two phases. Phase 1 of the project is to implement the HCM portion of Workday, where a project manager is already in place for that effort; Phase 2 is the implementation of the Finance portion of Workday.
The Project Manager needed for this position will focus 100% of her/his energy on Phase 2 of the Workday Implementation. The Project Manager selected for this position will work closely with the HCM PM and the ERP Project PM to ensure all aspect of the FIN Phase 2 portion of the Workday Implementation project is successful.
Only candidates with large-scale project and ERP implementation experience will get considered for this role. The preference is that a candidate will have Project Management experience on a Workday implementation. However, another ERP implementation experience will be acceptable for consideration.
• Experience managing Workday or another ERP Implementation
• Manage the relation with all internal stakeholders.
• Effectively manage project resources
• Ensure the delivery of all project tasks in partnership with technical and functional partners.
• Ensure delivery of all project related documentation according to the project
• Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of job structures and roles
• Develop and manage a work plan for a project team.
• Manage records on project scheduling activities (e.g., timelines, critical path).
• Manage the process by which projects get organized and produced.
• Identify, track, and manage issues related to the project. Accurately identifies and anticipates key elements/resources necessary to accomplish the project, such as equipment, software, services, staff, operational procedures, training, communication and change strategy, and documentation.
• Establishes priorities and deadlines. Provides project costs and time estimates. Monitors progress.
• Identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans
• Manages projects by identifying necessary metrics, managing and delivering to established parameters, and communicating progress of metrics throughout the life of the project
• Facilitates and conducts regular project meetings with appropriate resources.
• Requires sound investigative, diagnostic, and questioning techniques
• Evaluates the project after completion and shares pertinent information (e.g., identifying opportunities missed, contributions made by team members)
• Follows established project management procedures and guidelines and requires the use of judgment skills to resolve issues that are outside of standard operating procedures
• Delivers on-time and on-budget projects using disciplined methodologies.
• Responds to delivery schedules with appropriate level of urgency and perspicacity. Optimizes use of time and resources to achieve desired results. Identifies documents and manages out-of-scope activities as appropriate
• Provides logistical and team communication
• Maintains an open, transparent, and supportive communication and partnership environment within all work streams and stakeholders
• Oversees the collection and dissemination of information from various sources, both internal (e.g., information identified by the project team) and external (e.g., stakeholders, customers) that can get used for benchmarking, decision making, or just for informational purposes
• Prepares regular status and communications to senior stakeholders on project status
• Uses project meetings to ensure that all significant aspects of the project are covered/communicated and to provide creative solutions to problems that might arise (e.g., timing issues in completing the project on time)
• Makes suggestions for increasing process effectiveness and improving image/quality of project
• Documents project and shares knowledge within company
• Acts as a source for other HR colleagues
• Supports a team environment of continuous feedback and idea sharing.
• Demonstrated experience managing enterprise wide projects – REQUIRED 5 YEARS
• Demonstrated experience managing IT related projects – REQUIRED 5 YEARS
• Demonstrated experience managing ERP projects, i.e. SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle – REQUIRED 5 YEARS
• Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle – REQUIRED 5 YEARS
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – REQUIRED 5 YEARS
• Demonstrated knowledge with project management tools such as MS Project or Google Smartsheets REQUIRED 5 YEARS
• Demonstrated experience managing Workday implementation projects – DESIRED 5 YEARS
• Demonstrated experience managing financial systems projects – DESIRED 5 YEARS
The position requires experience in the following areas:
• BA/BS degree with a minimum of five years’ experience successfully managing projects
• Familiarity with problem structuring and resource allocation
• Complete and thorough knowledge of project management techniques, concepts, and tools
• Proficient in tools used in support of office and project management (e.g., MS Office, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
• Courses and certification in project management is a plus
• Work planning and reporting
• Ability to create detailed time-phased project plans with limited oversight
• Familiarity with problem structuring and resource allocation
• Ability to define deliverables and provide frequent updates, resulting in high quality work product
• Strong capability to deliver executive-ready work product with limited guidance
• Skilled in taking complex ideas and creating frameworks and other approaches to communicate ideas and gain support clearly
• Ability to structure, plan, execute and analyze primary research through a variety of methods with manager guidance (e.g., interviews, focus groups, surveys) under the direction of Project Management Leader and work stream leaders
• Strong secondary research skills to leverage third party studies, benchmarking, and best practices
• Thoughtful quantitative skills, including ability to clean, combine and analyze data
• Ability to ‘look beyond the numbers’ to call out meaningful insights; using data to tell a story and gain support
Cross-functional and business partnering:
• Ability to create deep working relationships across functional, geographic, and line of business boundaries
• Experience navigating detailed operational processes (e.g., IT, legal, finance, marketing) in a complex environment
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally
• Possesses excellent planning and organizational skills
• Displays excellent written communication, verbal and listening skills
• Exhibits excellent facilitation skills
• Demonstrates good management skills
• Uses sound judgment skills in making decisions
• Deals effectively with ambiguity in projects
• Shows respect for confidentiality
• Has ability to build relationships across HR and key stakeholders
• Behaves in an influential and thoughtful manner
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: project management , path). , limited guidance , Oracle , Software Development , ERP , PowerPoint , MsoHyperlink , SAP , Peoplesoft , MS , environmentAttributes: , Smartsheets
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 623015
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S