***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Wi-Fi/Wireless Engineer
Location : NW Washington, DC
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type :W2
Experience : 6 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
Our client, a well respected international organization located in NW Washington, DC is seeking a Wif-Fi/Wireless Engineer for a long term contract. Network Engineer is accountable for the delivery of projects, which support the LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) of a large organization with over 15,000 users in over 160 Country Offices world-wide, and a 24×7 operational mission. The Engineer supports the availability and performance of the production network, which is considered mission-critical, which entails effectively applying technical skills and knowledge to specific projects and escalated problems from the NOC.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electronics & Communications, Computer Science, Telecommunication, or Information Technology
- Role Specific Experience: 2+years of network engineering experience
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches and hands-on LAN/WAN networking
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting network issues
- Hands-on experience with Cisco wireless infrastructure, routers and switches is required.
- Working experience with Cisco WLC, Cisco access points, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and wireless FlexConnect/CAPWAP modes is required.
- Sound understanding of RF fundamentals (2.4 and 5GHz spectrums), RSSI, SNR and how they impact client performance is required.
- Hands-on experience with 802.1x authentication of wireless clients is required.
- Sound understanding of RF design best practices – i.e. access point placement, power settings, cell size, etc. – is required.
- Working experience with WiFi troubleshooting/planning tools and techniques is required.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, VLSM, VLANs, STP and IP routing concepts is required.
- Ability to work and learn independently, with minimal supervision is required.
- Sound communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with all management levels are required.
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Good understanding of network engineering fundamentals/services: DHCP, OSI model, BGP, OSPF, VRF, VPN, and LAN/WAN technologies.
- Experience with modern scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.) and automation engines (Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Wif-Fi/Wireless,LAN/WAN,Cisco WLC, Cisco access points, Cisco Prime Infrastructure,,DHCP, OSI model, BGP, OSPF, VRF, VPN, and LAN/WAN,CCNA Certification
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2756
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S