***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Jasper Developer with Java, PL/SQL, Cloud
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The mid-level developer chosen for this contract will:
- Review, analyze, and modify reports to support the Division of Banking’s application system using existing frameworks and support tools. The project’s lead developer will guide the developer’s work in coordination with our senior Java developer.
- We require at least three (3) years of experience with Jasper Reportsand, more generally, J2EE; some experience with Oracle PL/SQL would be very helpful but is not required. The developer must be familiar with NetBeans, Junit, Jenkins, and the use of Git repositories. The ideal candidate will also have experience with the PrimeFaces UI library and with the Wildfly application server.
- We require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least three (3) years experience in the field or in a related area. Candidate must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The candidate must also be able to communicate clearly in English with both technical staff and business subject matter experts. Communication may be oral or in writing.
- In accordance with the current COVID restrictions, we are all working remotely. We expect to return to the location when it is safe to do so.
- Demonstrate ability to:
- Design and implement Jasper Reports given a prototype layout and a query hitting the Oracle back-end.
- Test, debug, document and implement reports, as well as maintain existing reports by making modifications as required.
- As an analyst, confer with clients regarding the nature of the business need to be met.
- Experience in software design, development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing and/or problem diagnosis/resolution.
The Division of Banking in the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) is collaborating with the Governor’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) to modernize the primary system utilized by the division, the Banking Information Database System (BIDS). The BIDS system manages details regarding banks, trust companies and money transmitters. The legacy application was developed over the course of many years and consists of an Oracle database with a PowerBuilder client application. Staff within the division install the client application that connects to the central database. A web interface exists to provide the public with the ability to conduct a basic search to find additional details about a financial institution. OIT supports the various elements of the application with development staff and database administrators.
In an effort to provide enhanced service to staff within the division as well as external entities, this project will modernize the BIDS solution to provide a browser based solution. We have engaged a business analyst to document the requirements and workflow and a UI/UX specialist to develop wireframes of the screens. The current database architecture and model has functionality that will continue to be utilized going forward with the possibility of some additional functionality being added. The browser-based portion of the application will replicate existing functionality and provide additional functionality to the regulated entities, such as the ability to update contact information, which currently does not exist on a public facing site.
The Division of Banking:
- is responsible for the regulation of state chartered commercial banks, trust companies, and state licensed money transmitters;
- holds charter and license application hearings and issues rules and regulations affecting regulated institutions;
- staff conducts examinations of state chartered institutions and licensees;
- works closely with the Federal Reserve Bank and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in the regulation of commercial banks and certain federally insured trust companies; and,
- is responsible for the enforcement of the Public Deposit Protection Act to protect public entity deposits held by state and national banks.
- AGILE – Agile Development Methodology
Proficient 2-3 yrs
- Azure DevOps Proficient 1-2 yrs
Code repository built into Microsoft Azure DevOps (formerly Team Foundation Services).
- J2EE Proficient 2-3 yrs
- Jasper Reports Advanced 2-3 yrs
JasperSoft report engine and development environment.
- Java Proficient 2-3 yrs
- Java Service Face (JSF) Proficient 1-2 yrs
- Oracle Proficient 1-2 yrs
- PL/SQL Proficient 1-2 yrs
- SQL Proficient 2-3 yrs
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: AGILE,Azure DevOps,J2EE,Jasper Reports,Java,Java Service Face (JSF),Oracle,PL/SQL,SQL
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2624
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S