** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Web Developer
Location: NW Washington, DC
Duration: Long Term Renewable Contract
Interview Type: In-Person or Skype
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 7 YEARS
We are searching for outstanding web developers to develop innovative and reusable Web-based applications for World Bank operational products. Working closely with our project managers and functional and UX team members, the web developer’s primary responsibilities include developing specifications and making recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies, as well as performing programming and web design.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop Self-Service BI Analytics solution using Power BI REST API
- Develop good quality code using HTML, Java script, CSS etc.
- Develop code to integrate various data sources
- Creation of a fully-functional website based on technical specifications to be provided to him/her.
- Documentation of his work in the project
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’ degree in Computer Science
- Role Specific Experience: 8- 10+ years of experience in web design or development services
- Experience with optimizing web pages for performance
- Experience in systems administration and server maintenance
- Hands-on experience with scalable web application and responsive web design
- Experience in DevOps tool stack including GitHub and TFS, VSTS, Jenkins, ReadyAPI, Soap Service, Jira etc..
- Experience with RESTful APIs, Web Services, Application Infrastructure, XML/XSL, Scripting, API Management, Micro Services, Containers, ASP.NET Core, MVC, Entity framework and Azure Cloud Services
- Working knowledge of Power BI and Azure required.
- Advanced knowledge of CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SASS, frameworks like Bootstrap
- Demonstrated ability to use rapid application development methodologies and techniques to deploy applications quickly and accurately
- Advanced understanding of web trends, including social media integration and the impact of the growth of mobile/tablet browsing
- Advanced understanding and/or be comfortable with source version control software (CVS/SVN or Git)
- Familiarity with security implementations like (XSS, CSRF prevention, etc)
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility standards (W3C Guidelines)
- Ability to work independently on the assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and self-motivated individuals will fit the role well
- Ability to translate the UI designs in to fully-functional interactive prototypes for the Desktop and Mobile
- Act as a team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and a variety of roles
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, demanding, collaborative team on multiple projects at any given time
- Experience working with UI Frameworks such as bootstrap
- Experience with Grunt or similar frameworks for deployment and testing.
- Understanding of MVC, MVVM design patterns
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing highly desirable
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: long term
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S