*** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: VMWARE System Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 12 months
Interview Type: WebCam Interview or In-person
Work Status: ‘U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered’.
Job Type: C2C, W2
Experience: 5 YEARS
Under general supervision, install, configure, and support a local area network, wide area network, internet system, computers, desktops and/or mobile devices. Performs necessary maintenance to support network availability for the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency. (GVRA)
***The role will be 100% onsite with telework schedule to be determined.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems, replace defective components.
- Escalates problems to vendor and/or developer for advanced debugging or software correction.
- Evaluates of new technologies or solutions to improve service and efficiency of systems.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made.
- Operates consoles to monitor performance of the computer systems and networks, and to coordinate
computer network access and use.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and
- Prepares user instructions and documentation for the installation and operation of software and software
- Installs, monitors, maintains, optimizes, and secures information technology servers, workstations, and IoT
devices and assures their ongoing operation in compliance to service levels 7 days-a-week.
- Coordinates with staff at all levels to resolve systems problems; assesses severity of the issues, and
prioritizes responses as appropriate.
- Performs system tests and collaborates with IT staff to resolve issues and errors.
- Works with users to identify system requirements; develops processing procedures and systems
modifications to meet these specifications.
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and recommend updates to the current network, computer
systems, and systems architecture.
- Drafts informational materials and graphics to explain systems to managers and users.
- Prepares specifications and documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with administration of Microsoft enterprise infrastructures including
Windows server 2008-2019, Active Directory, Systems Center 2016, Exchange, WSUS, MS SQL Server,
Office 365, Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop, Intune, Windows 10, Sharepoint, etcetera.
- Extensive knowledge of data center use of virtual machine technology including VMware vSphere 6 and
- Extensive knowledge of backup technologies including NAS and SAN.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, IP v4 & v6, routers, and switches.
- Experience with managing endpoint security, reviewing logs, and removing malware.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and ability to apply them with minimal impact to user
- Administration experience with O365 and M365.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn systems and software used by the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Windows server 2008-2019, Active Directory, Systems Center 2016, Exchange, WSUS, MS SQL Server,Office 365, Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop, Intune, Windows 10, Sharepoint, etcetera
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2035
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S