*** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: UX Designer
Location: Carlsbad, CA / Pittsburgh, PA
Duration: 6 Month Renewable Contract
Interview Type: Web Cam or In Person Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: W2 only!
Experience: 6 YEARS
Our client is seeking an experienced, multi-disciplinary Experience (UX/UI) Designer to join the Global Experience Design Group. Focused on delivering product innovation through compelling user experience and creative designs, this role will be part of an exciting new area responsible for developing and delivering rich experiences across our client’s industry leading digital platform, to help scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self-starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design, able to drive programs to completion and possess that rare blend of visual design talent, interaction expertise, persona mapping, and rapid prototyping skills. The candidate will play a key part in determining the future design direction and user experience framework. We are looking for a visionary designer who is hungry for the challenge of a lifetime and capable of taking design to the next level. A roll-up your sleeves, hands-on, creative designer; we want a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment that of a start-up style, balanced with the discipline and results driven mindset of a publicly traded company. The candidate must be comfortable working across the entire UX lifecycle including UX research, UX strategy, UX design (UX/UI/visual) and UX optimization.
From brainstorming to implementation, the Experience (UX/UI) Designer will work cross-functionally with software engineers, product management, brand marketing, QA and R&D design teams. He or she must have a passion for creating design strategy that is simple, elegant, consistent and most important easy to use. Applying critical thinking, the ideal candidate must possess a relentless attention to detail, an eye for aesthetics and design sensibilities for making things even better in the quest to improve the user experience.
- Ideation, prototyping, production design/visioning
- Translate user stories into interactive user flows, application wireframes, site maps, designs and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experience for digital products
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Develop site navigation systems and content information architecture
- Create wireframes and click through prototype
- Leverage customer insights programs to develop user interaction design improvements
- Collaborate with behavior based research programs to create persona models and use cases
- Develop high fidelity designs inclusive of screen layout, graphics, color & typography.
- Establish global standards to ensure consistency across all Cloud based software apps
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Engineering Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
- Projects portfolio required
- 5+ years of design experience in interactive, mobile or webapps
- Expert knowledge of Abstract, Sketch, Zeplin and/or design tools
- Skilled at rapid wireframing (e.g. Balsamiq, Axure, or comparable tools) and prototyping (Marvel, Invision, Principle or comparable)
- Experience working with Design Systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Exceptional digital design and synthesizing abstract ideas skills into concrete design implications
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Experience and understanding of user-centered design principles
- Deep understanding and applying brand guidelines including color and typography
- Curious, with a strong sense of initiative, follow-through and ability to deliver results on-time
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple creative projects
- Knowledge in current design trends and technologies
- Ability to present and sell creative
- Knowledge planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, heuristic analysis, usability accessibility concerns
- Science or industry experience a plus
- Product management experience a plus
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: long term
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2028
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S