***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Technical Business Analyst (Financial exp)
Location : Des Moines, IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10+ YEARS
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
Project Name: Unemployment Insurance Tax Modernization (Supporting Iowa’s Unemployment Insurance Division).
Iowa Workforce Development has an immediate need for a Technical Business Analyst skilled at consulting with business and development staff to define requirements and processes for the Unemployment Insurance Tax Modernization project at Iowa Workforce Development.
- This individual conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of a specific discipline or field of specialization.
- This person analyzes data to determine solutions, such as installing alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, modification of machines or equipment, or redesign of products or services.
- Advises clients or department heads on alternate methods of solving need or problem or recommends a specific solution.
- Requires experience providing consulting services to governmental entities.
- May get designated according to the field of business and technical specialization
Iowa Workforce Development is a state agency with a remarkable amount of modernization over the next few years. These projects transform how the agency does business and provide an incredible opportunity to reduce spending on technologies and erroneous payments while improving the overall user experience. Iowa’s Unemployment Insurance program, which it administers on behalf of the Federal Government, operates on the legacy and outdated technology. Benefits are still on a Mainframe System with a 40-year-old code behind it, and while Tax has a web-based front end, there are shared data between the two systems. There is an emphasis across the nation for these systems to be modernized, and IWD wants to be the leading workforce agency in the country, integrating a combination of home-grown (Tax) and vendor-supported (Benefits) solutions. The IWD IT team is a fast-paced, forward-thinking Government Agency on the road to modernization and innovation of Workforce technology. This position is part of an existing UI Tax team – Scrum Master/technical lead, 4-6 developers. The position reports to the Head of Enterprise Project Management with a dotted line to the Head of Application Development. There is a senior Business Analyst on the team whom they would partner with as well. This position gathers requirements (mostly business, some technical), preparing workflows/process maps, and other related documentation for the high Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax Modernization Project… one of several projects modernizing the way UI and the entire agency does business.
The Technical Business Analyst needs to be skilled at consulting with business and development staff to define requirements and processes for the Unemployment Insurance Tax Modernization project at Iowa Workforce Development.
- Involvement in prior technology implementations – 10 years
- Requirements gathering and validation with staff – 10 years
- Requirements Documentation – Use Cases – 10 years
- Corresponding with vendors to validate requirements and specifications. – 10 years
- Testing system functionality against requirements and specifications. – 10 years
- Training staff on system functionality as developed. – 10 years
- Backlog management. – 10 years
- General technical assistance – 10 years
- Microsoft or Google products. MS Project, MS Visio – 10 years
- Ability to proactively seek opportunities to add value with little or no direction – 10 years
- Experience documenting end to end processes – 10 years
- Able to elicit and document requirements – using Google or Microsoft products – 10 years
- Background in Finance/Financial projects – 10 years
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma is a plus – 10 years DESIRED
- Process mapping and documenting process flows – 10 years
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Microsoft or Google products. MS Project, MS Visio,Lean Six Sigma
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2476
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S