*** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Technical Trainer/OnTrack subject matter experts
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: Skype or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 6 YEARS
SCOPE OF WORK: Technical Trainer
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) is implementing an online project management information system (PMIS), using PMWeb as the main software platform to collect and manage information about CDOT’s pre-construction and construction engineering projects. By implementing this user friendly, collaborative system, CDOT project staff will no longer have to access multiple systems to piece together a full picture of a project or a grouping of projects.
This PMIS implementation project, termed OnTrack, will allow CDOT to consistently manage all projects in one system to provide consistent workflows, data and reporting that will include big-picture project project trends. Project staff will be able to dig down to detailed information about tasks needed to reach a schedule milestone as well as pull back for a broad view of overall schedules and budget expenditures. The organization will better manage its portfolio of projects.
As part of this system, CDOT will implement WalkMe, an interactive, digital help platform that overlays the PMWeb software platform. WalkMe will provide in-app guidance, training, and instructions to users about how to use the system.
The Training Consultant will lead the design/delivery of training to CDOT for the OnTrack system and business process.
Design and deliver training on the OnTrack system and business process. This includes developing training modalities, designing including instructor-led training (ILT), training trainers (i.e., regional CDOT project managers who serve as OnTrack subject matter experts), and developing instructional materials. This role will partner with a WalkMe consultant to implement the WalkMe tool. This role will coordinate with the Office of Employee Development (OED) to ensure consistency in the design, development and delivery of training. This role will interact with diverse technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization. They will maintain excellent communication and be responsive to customers.
Design and deliver training on the OnTrack System and related project management business processes.
- Collaborate with the project team, coordinators, and WalkMe consultant to identify role-based training needs
- Identify training modalities, timing, materials, and other needs
- Determine the skill levels necessary for each role and develop course objectives and related training material
- Create interactive and engaging training sessions that help learners use the tools and processes optimally
- Write, design and edit training content using active learning methodologies, tools and best practices
- Create supporting training materials using various media as appropriate
- Develop training assessments to measure how effective the training is and identify areas to improve
- Coordinate course schedules
Train trainers who will deliver ILTs
- Train designated project managers in each region who will serve as OnTrack subject matter experts and will deliver ILTs
Develop reference and instructional materials to be posted on a website
- Design, develop, write, edit and implement customized documents including user manuals, online help (WalkMe tool), training manuals, help documents, and tutorials for Ontrack with guidance from HKA’s training services approach and provided materials
- Create training step-through videos using WalkMe software, with HKA’s guidance of the tool
- Translate any technical terminology into audience-appropriate language and content
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Position Keywords: PMWeb , PMWeb software , serve , PMIS , timing , collaborative system , ILT , HKA
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OnTrack Training
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S