Role: System administrator
Duration: 2 to 4 years (Contract to Hire)
No of years of Exp required: 4 to 6 years
Looking for local consultants or consultant needs to relocate to client location and work from home until covid settles as resource need to go to office rarely for administrative physical tasks.
Location: Cary, NC
JD for the System administrator role
DataCenter related responsibilities will include:
- Install and configure new equipment for data centers – rack and stacking, cabling
- Preventative maintenance of data center equipment and devices – Routine check
- Analyze servers and storage systems to identify and initiate repair
- Monitoring systems – Ensure systems uptime
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge/document
- LifeCycle management – software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance
System Administration responsibilities:
- Maintain and troubleshoot Windows servers environment – 2012/2016/2019/2022
- Apply Windows Patches, Remediate Windows Vulnerabilities, Troubleshoot updates
- Support Vmware 6.5/6.7 cluster environment
- Managing and maintaining NAS/SAN infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining cloud infrastructures
- Active Directory administration – GPO, EventLog Audit, PowerShell
- Basic network troubleshooting skills – DNS/DHCP/VLAN/Trunk/Firewall
- Linux OS administration – Ubuntu, Centos, and RedHat
- Critical thinker/problem solver – should come up with solutions, not just problems.
- Self-motivated and responsible, works independently and part of the remote team well.
- Good communication skills.
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Job Duration: 36 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Work Authorization: Any