***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Network System Administrator
Location : Alpena, MI
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 3 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type :C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 3 YEARS
The employee(s) assigned to this position work daily resolving customer issues, troubleshooting network issues, and ensuring that all systems/databases are operating within normal parameters. Additionally, this position is tasked to act as the alternate Equipment Custodian for the Base Network Control Center (BNCC) and oversees, when required, the distribution of new assets and also the turn-in of outdated assets.
Years of Experience:
1 to 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
•The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to State policies, standards, and guidelines. Responsibilities include systems administration engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request. Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary. Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary. Upgrade and configure system software or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Required / Desired Skills
- Candidates must have experience in working in Active Directory
Required 2 Years
- Candidates must have a demonstrated background in customer service orientation, issue resolution, and ability to train end customers
- Candidates must have the ability to work autonomously – independent of direct supervision
Required 2 Years
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain military security clearance of at least Secret Clearance
Candidates must have active Security+ certification
- Military background and/or experience and knowledge of military operations
- Experience in managing multiple equipment accounts and knowledge of Air Force equipment inventory accounting systems
Highly desired 2 Years
- Candidates with additional network certifications (A+, CCNA, CISSP, etc)
Highly desired 2Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Active Directory,A+, CCNA, CISSP,,Security+ certification
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3045