***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Sr. QA Automation Engineer/Architect
Location : Hartford, CT (Onsite)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 7+ Years
In the role of the Automation QA Engineer, the following services are required:
- Design and development of the core technology and architecture for automated testing of large scale distributed systems, midrange to client server and n tier e commerce applications and solutions.
- Provide specifications to automate the testing of applications.
- Work on all test automation components of solution and create/maintain required technical documentation.
- Assist in all testing processes involving the migration and integration of new and legacy technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to establish goals and release quality while meeting requirements of projects.
- Work with management to supply input for key test automation decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning.
- Assures the complementary synthesis of all standards, models, designs and methodologies recommended by the Enterprise Architects.
- Takes proactive escalation of system problems or design flaws to upper management before serious impact on ROI.
- Ensures that the Technology Partners and development teams adhere to the principles established by the Enterprise Architects.
- Defines, Documents and communicates the strategy will entire team.
- Makes sure the software and system testing frameworks are in synchronization.
- Provide input as needed to issues like tool and environment selection.
- Interface with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Reviews and assists in defining the DevOps / Continuous Integration Environments Configuration.
- Reviews and assists in defining the QA and UAT Testing Environments Configuration.
- Reviews all system requirements, test scripts, test scenarios in order to create appropriate testing workflow. Ensures that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Reviews software components and collaborates with development group, Product Owners, System Teams, and Operations to ensure best overall testing strategies, best practices and techniques for automated testing.
- Develops automated test harnesses, frameworks, to support automation of tests at both the unit and system levels.
- Develops automated testing strategies, tools, and libraries for automated unit testing, automated functional testing, automated user experience testing, automated regression testing, automated load testing.
- Interfaces with the design and implementation teams, so that any problems arising during QA can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints.
- Ensures that a maximally robust testing framework is developed.
- Collaborates on a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the project teams, and the user, which determine that all of the high level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- Generates products such as unit tests, automated functional tests, regression tests, load tests, code coverage reports, and test scenario % pass/fail, ADA/508c/AWGA compliance, Cross Browser Compatibility, Mobile Compatibility.
- Ensures that all testing libraries and artifacts are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
- Monitors all QA activities for System team.
- Responsible for creating automated test case scenarios for Agile Delivery Team to meet Acceptance Criteria
- Guide the System Team QA Automation team in the stitching of test case scenarios developed by the SCRUM teams on the Agile Release Train.
- Direct team in the Kanban Framework and follow the FIFO rules of “First in First out”
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
An experience professional with demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- 3+ years Experience with Automated Testing Frameworks, Test Strategies and Test Beds.
- 3+ years Experience with HP QC, UFT, Load Runner
- 3+ years Experience with TDD/BDD
- 3+ years Experience with Agile Methodologies
- 3+ years Experience with Software Testing Methodologies
- 3+ years Experience Working on a Software Testing Team
- Involved in a minimum of two large scaled Agile software development projects
- Knowledge of Testing Tools, Testing Frameworks, Continuous Integration Methodologies
- Knowledge of Web Application Testing, Distributed System Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing, Mobile Testing, Security Testing, Accessibility Testing, Web Service Testing.
- Experience with automated testing in enterprise system integration projects and initiatives; understanding of and experience implementing enterprise integration patterns.
- Thorough understanding of standard QA best practices in an Agile environment including authoring test plans and test cases, executing tests and tracking issues to closure
- Good understanding of DevOps and setting up Continuous Integration Environments.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and testing tools and techniques.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with code control/version/build Team Foundation.
- Experience with QA Functional test suites such as HP Quality Center / Unified Functional Testing.
- Testing experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, WCF) and tools such as SOAPUI and SOAPSonar.
- BS in Computer science, engineering, or technology-related baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, or commensurate experience.
- AGILE – Agile Development Methodology – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Communication skills both verbal and written – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Learning ability – Advanced (7-9 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 716-221-0893 / 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Automated Testing Frameworks, Test Strategies,HP-Unified Functional Testing aka Microfocus - UFT,Agile,HP/MF - Quality Center,HP/MF - Unified Functional Testing,Quality Assurance,Web App Automated Testing
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3552