***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title :Sr. Power BI Developer/Architect (SQL Server Stack, DAX)
Location : Salem,OR
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 10+ years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Department of Human Services (DHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) is modernizing and optimizing its data warehouse environment. The Office of Research, Reporting, Analytics and Implementation (ORRAI) is responsible for data warehousing, reporting and analytics for ODHS. ORRAI is responsible for serving all five ODHS programs.
ORRAI has created a secure and sound data warehouse (DW) which supports reporting, dashboards, and analytics. These reporting and dashboard tools, in conjunction with analytics, provide the foundation for business insight and making informed decisions. ODHS/ORRAI is modernizing the current data warehouse using contractors and ORRAI staff.
ODHS recently completed an assessment to validate and confirm the current DW implementation strategy is aligned with ODHS goals. The assessment also suggested a modernization plan would benefit from a complement of contracted staff and in-house data warehouse experts. Maintaining the existing warehouse while developing a modernized DW is impossible without an influx of resources.
The modernized DW will better address needs of data consumers and programs by creating a self-service BI model. To achieve this result, the agency has standardized on Microsoft’s Power BI. To achieve this goal of creating a self-service BI model, ORRAI recognizes the need address the following areas:
1. Semantic model design and development (e.g. SSAS and Power BI tabular models)
2. Building Analysis Services Tabular models (e.g. DAX queries)
3. Power BI reporting, Power Query and analysis tool design and development
4. SSBI Deployment, Power BI Administration, operations/governance best practices
5. Power BI end user adoption
6. ORRAI SSBI staff development and mentoring
Scope of work:
• Make DW architecture more agile and accessible
• Create data layers that align with a dimensional model (Star Schema); that model reflects the programmatic and business needs of ODHS. This data layer should be designed (Model-storming and using our standard tools such as WhereScape) to be compatible with any data visualization tool, any analytic tool, and have the flexibility to change and adapt to new data sources. In addition, the data layer should be optimized to process mass amounts of data.
• Tabular model design, development, testing and deployment
• Power BI report design, development, testing and deployment
• Lead process in creating a dashboard/visualization strategy
• Power BI and SSBI environment setup and configuration
• ORRAI team mentoring
• SSBI adoption and governance strategy
• Improve performance and reliability of hosting
• Assist with assessment of hosted, cloud service and make recommendations on best services.
• Audit existing data systems; models, queries, data quality, security, and suggest a modernization roadmap.
Required skills and experience:
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Stack (SSAS, SSRS)
• Proficient with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and Data Analytics
• Power BI development and administration
• Familiar (experience) and understanding of WhereScape tool/technology
• Proficient in design and fully functional dashboards/reports on MS Power BI
• Proficient and understanding of Power BI Services environment (workspaces, dataflows)
• Experience of conversation of SSRS reports into Power BI Reports and Power BI dashboard
• Develop recommended data modeling standards for consideration; best practices
• Develop recommended user of Power BI standards based on existing platform
In addition, the ideal candidate will have skills and experience in:
• Requirement analysis
• Data Analytics
• WhereScape tool sets
• Power BI
• Power BI Report Builder
• Graphical design
Encompassing all listed skills and experience required/desired, this position will be responsible for building, optimizing, and deploying Power BI data visualization dashboards and reports. Qualifications include extensive hands-on experience in Power BI, including dimensional modelling, report layout/design and development, deep expertise in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), working with on-premises EDW and SSAS, and extensive RLS knowledge and deep understanding of the Power BI Service.
Required Skills :
- Microsoft SQL Server – SSAS, SSRS – Expert – Yes
- MS Power Bi – Design and fully functional dashboards/reports experience and understanding – Report Builder – Services environment (workspaces, dataflows, etc.) – Advanced – Yes
- Power Bi Development and Administration – Experience and understanding required – Advanced – Yes
- Wherescape tool sets/technology – Proficient – Yes
- Graphical design – Proficient – Yes
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and Data Analytics – Proficient – Yes
Please make sure resumes submitted CLEARLY reflect the required skills and experience. Resumes that do not reflect the required skills will be rejected.
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: SQL Server, Power BI, Graphical design, Business intelligence, Data analytics
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 months contract with extension.
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2824
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.