**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Sr .Net Developer with Java/PHP/Linux
Location: Denver CO
Duration: 9+ Months and possible extension
Interview Type: WebCam Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H, W2
Experience: 8 YEARS
The Application Developer has responsibilities across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from business requirements to support, but they are primarily focused on development activities. Development activities include: working with business analysts and customers to understand requirements; working with team members to apply secure programming techniques using standards and best practices; commenting code for peers and testers; performing unit testing, configuration management, source code control, deployment and release management; and providing support services as needed. Operational support services vary in scope from minor bug fixes (tickets) to major enhancements (change orders).
- Install, configure, and maintain a third-party rules and automation engine. The technology stack includes Linux (Red Hat/CentOS), POSTGRESQL, Apache, SmartyStreets (Optional), OpenAM (Optional), Java EE, Wildfly, PHP, Mirth Connect (Rhapsody).
Other required skills and experience
- Experience with system integration
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand business processes quickly and apply to application design
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Request Management – 10%
- Complete staff assignments within a matrixed supervisory environment.
- Adhere to Incident Management & Change Management policies and protocols established by OIT for incident resolution and implementing production system changes.
Application Development & Support – 75%
- Consult with Solution Architects, Solution Engineers, and others as appropriate to design applications in line with OIT strategies (e.g., Cloud First, Mobile First, Secure Colorado, etc.).
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Customers, Project Managers, and others as appropriate to assist in the creation of estimates and timelines.
- Develop applications in line with business requirements using Agile or Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Perform coding (in-house applications) or configuration management (COTS applications) in accordance with standards and best practices and further minimize defects through disciplined unit testing.
- Coordinate update releases and other system changes, contribute to the implementation of break/fix solutions, and update documentation and configuration information related to changes as needed throughout the life cycle.
- Organize, build, and validate all segments of the code related to a specific build (release) for final User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure development activities within the position’s scope of responsibility are consistent with established service portfolio policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Determine the best approach in the development of an application’s code to meet the customer’s current requirements and anticipate future enhancement needs.
- Identify and recommend changes to development policies, processes, templates, and standard operating procedures to improve the overall quality of work being delivered.
- Collaborate across a matrix management environment with other developers and other OIT department staff as needed. Must understand lines of authority and follow protocol to engage other resources.
- Find unique ways to resolve issues in the development process to meet the requirements of the customers and lead to the most efficient implementation possible.
Tracking & Reporting of Work Assigned 5%
- Working with the supervisor and Project Manager, develop estimates of the work effort necessary to deliver application solutions based on the project specifications provided. Record time spent on work activities into the approved project tracking system. Provide appropriate progress reports to the supervisor or project manager as requested.
- Determine reasonable and accurate estimates for the completion of assigned work activities.
Additional Duties as Assigned – 10%
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Estimated Duration: 06/22/2020 – 03/22/2021
**Temporary Remote Work Permitted: Due to COVID-19, the client has agreed to allow the selected candidate to work remotely for the time being. **
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 9 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 1998
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S