**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Sr. .NET Developer (VB.NET SSRS)
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 12 Months and possible extension
Interview Type: WebCam Interview only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H, W2
Experience: 8+ YEARS
The Department of Public Health (IDPH) at the State of Iowa is looking for a highly motivated .Net developer to support and enhance an existing application. This position will be a member of a team but will also need to work independently.
The ideal person will have a strong data analysis background, per the Job Description, in addition the development needs expressed.
The Department of Public Health (IDPH) at the State of Iowa is looking for a highly motivated .Net developer to support and enhance an existing ClickOnce deployed application written in VB.Net and SQL Server. The person selected for this position will work as a secondary developer for the State’s disease surveillance system, actively used for COVID-19 efforts, and will work under the direction of the system’s Lead Architect/Developer. This system is core to the Department’s testing, tracing, and tracking of reportable diseases, including COVID-19, and this position adds to staff to keep pace with increasing demands for service.
The application is a VB.NET Click Once deployed application using ASMX web services and WCF Web services, an MSSQL Server database, and utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services for reports.
This position will be a member of a team but will also need to work independently. They will report directly to the system’s Senior Developer/Architect and must be experienced in requirements gathering, application development, reporting, and administration using VB.Net and SQL server. Experience in these technologies are required for the position and will be tested heavily during the interview process.
A successful candidate will be willing to dig in and solve problems with little guidance required; have demonstrated the ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-impact environment and demonstrated experience providing direct support to end-users with varying degrees of technical expertise.
• Using TSQL/SQL Server update data based on spreadsheets/inputs and business rules
• Extract and transform data to meet reporting requirements
• Creating SSRS report
• Providing data sets for statistical analysis
• Working directly with end-users to troubleshoot application issues
• Work with other technical team members to support application (networking, database, security).
Further job requirements:
• Communication skill. The candidate must possess clear written (including business writing) and verbal communication skills to work closely with different teams, including direct customer contact.
• Must have an in-depth technical understanding of infrastructure components, dependencies, server to server interaction, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc..
• Ability to read, understand, create, and maintain technical documentation.
• Must adhere to development and security standards.
• Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with customers, and participate in technical planning.
• Attention to detail, pride in work, experience supporting critical system(s)
• Experience staying focused and working well in an often stressful, fast-paced, high-impact environment.
NOTE: When the State resumes onsite work, this role will be onsite Monday thru Friday during standard business hours with additional non-traditional hours when the support of Public Health efforts is needed.
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET),ASMX web services,WCF Web services,MSSQL Server databas,SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),TSQL/SQL Server
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 630256
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S