***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Sr. Mainframe Developer/Programmer (IDMS, ADS/O, COBOL, DB2, JCL)
Location : Des Moines, IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration :12 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8+ Years
The Software Developer/Programmer (SDP) converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs.
*** Only candidates with recent and significant IDMS experience will get considered for this position.
The agency is looking for a highly motivated individual that works well with customers and team members. This individual will need to be comfortable doing senior level application support including writing ADS/O and COBOL programming, working with IDMS and DB2 and modifying JCL and Parms for a large, highly visible state agency. The individual must be a self-starter, who is willing to be flexible and research multiple complicated legacy systems to meet legislative changes and agency needs, willing to step up when the job needs done. Some off hour shifts and on call may be needed. Initial contract funding is for 1 year, but a longer 4-year engagement is expected for this position.
This legacy developer is needed to facilitate data conversion for the Iowa Department of Revenue’s inflight modernization project (2020-2024). As time allows, this resource may provide development for ongoing maintenance and enhancements (to include Annual Tax Year changes as well as other revisions required throughout the year); supporting the Department of Revenue mainframe processes which serves Iowans and supports state government by collecting all taxes required by law.
- Experience in all aspects of SDLC including specification development, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of complex mainframe applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others and lead others through change.
- Analyze current operations and procedures; evaluate and select practical alternatives and present them to the users; produce design specifications of the selected alternatives; and obtain user approval of selected alternatives
- Schedule and coordinate the development, testing, and implementation of systems
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
- Manage and report time spent on all work activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes
- Strong quantitative, analytics, problem solving and organizational skills are required
- Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must
- Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- IDMS IDMS IDMS ADS/O – REQUIRED – 8 years of experience.
- IDMS ADS/O – REQUIRED – 8 years of experience
- Cobol – REQUIRED – 8 years of experience
- CICS – REQUIRED – 8 years of experience
- JCL – REQUIRED – 8 years of experience
- IDMS DMLO – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- IDMS OLQ – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- DB2 – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- Control-M – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- DC Cobol – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- FTP – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- SYNCSORT – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- TSO/ISPF – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- VSAM – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
- Expeditor – DESIRED – 1 year of experience
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: DMS IDMS IDMS ADS/O,IDMS ADS/O,COBOL,CICS,JCL,IDMS DMLO,IDMS OLQ,DB2,Control-M,FTP,SYNCSORT,TSO/ISPF,VSAM,Expedit
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3031