****Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Sr. Infrastructure Design Engineer-Cloud and Automation
Location: Durham, NC
Interview Type: Skype
Work Status: ‘U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered’.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 8+ YEARS
We are looking for a Sr. Infrastructure Design Engineer – Cloud and Automation to join our already skilled team of experts. We want you to have a real passion for technology and apply it to our high-performance culture. We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our customers. You can take happiness in knowing your work has a positive effect on the people of North Carolina.
You’ll be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative team. As one of our valued members of the team you will be responsible for the engineering of various and complex aspects of both physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructures. Using your experience you will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed. We need for you to be able to analyze operational data and directs proof of technology to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. We will look for you to use your interpersonal skills to partner and consult with varied technical, business project and management staff.
If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
• Independently plan and develop complex engineering designs in support of the implementation of network, compute, telephony, platform, middleware and database solutions.
• Own and maintain technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
• Define hardware and software performance standards.
• As infrastructure SME, provide expertise and knowledge in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
• Participate in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities that plan for the most efficient way to introduce and maintain datacenter technology within the environment.
• Proactively provide information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by the network or data center infrastructures.
• Execute the detailed infrastructure design of larger and/or more complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
• Design and implement complex automation process to increase operational efficiency and reduce project timelines.
• Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
• Provide detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
• Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules for solution engineering within the data center environment to expedite workflow and ultimately improve efficiencies.
• Build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization.
• Collaborate with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
• Provide new technology overviews to IT and Enterprise leadership at varied leadership forums.
• Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members as needed.
– Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
– Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical
Linux containers (Openshift/Kubernetes)
– Experience engineering technologies to be delivered “as a service” and an
understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
– Strong technical aptitude in varied areas.
– Must be able to work independently and be self sufficient in defining and realizing
– Team and customer service oriented, flexible and adaptable with proven ability to solve
problems in a collaborative and timely manner.
– Solid background in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
– Proven debugging skills
– Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
– Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skill
– Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and process flows.
– Ability to correlate technical actions to business impact
– Flexible and adaptable with focus on effectively managing change.
– Relevant technical certification preferred.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of systems
engineering experience is required.
– In lieu of degree, 7 years of systems engineering experience.
• Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
• Diverse technical background with an advanced working knowledge of multiple operating systems’ (Linux/IBM AIX/Windows) and hardware platforms(IBM Power Systems/x86) and virtualization technologies (VMWare/IBM VIOs)
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical specialties):
o Software defined networking
o Software defined storage
o Compute virtualization
o Private/public cloud
• Experience engineering technologies to be delivered “as a service” and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
Position Keywords: Cloud security,Linux ,infrastructure designs,/IBM AIX/Windows,VMWare/IBM VIOs
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2094
Work Authorization: ‘U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered’.