***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Sr ASP .Net Developer
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10+Years
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core mission-critical Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). The application is used by a large majority of roughly 3,200 employees including over 1,100 front line social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, SACWIS continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is also undergoing an effort to replace its SACWIS system with a new CCWIS system working in collaboration with our federal and state partners.
Concurrently, the agency implemented a multi-faceted, agency-wide outcome measure improvement plan that specifically addresses each of the twenty-two (22) outcomes targeted for improvement driven by the original Consent Decree. A number of initiatives that comprise this improvement plan require the support of information technology.
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly 3,200 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually improving technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality. DCF Information Systems is currently in the process of replacing its current SACWIS and engaged in a large multi-year project to redefine, redesign and modernize its systems and practices.
SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs the service of a senior level .NET developer to work on SACWIS and CCWIS. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a .NET Sr. Developer participating in various SDLC processes including requirements verification, design and development, testing, maintenance, and support activities per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be the to be part of the team which supports existing .NET applications as well as to participates in the SDLC process of the new CCWIS system and work with the System Integrator to ensure the transfer of knowledge and on-going maintenance of the solution for a given module. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining .NET applications and participating in the SDLC process which includes meetings with the SI, verification of deliverables such as requirements, design, testing, and environment configuration.
Specific Services Required:
In this role, the following services are required:
- Design and development of the core technology and architecture of largescale distributed systems, midrange to client server and ntier ecommerce applications and solutions.
- Designs systems integration plans; develops moderate to complex software modules; populates an application host and configuration matrices using industry standard strategies.
- Develops general and detailed design specifications for moderate to complex systems.
- Assist in the design and development of the database architecture including relational data structures, data marts, data dictionaries and logical and physical data models.
- Assist to develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, integration and implementation enterprise databases.
- Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
- Assists in the development of information systems blueprints, design patterns, templates for bestinclass software development and to ensure high levels of software reuse and the migration towards serviceoriented architecture (SOA)
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (12PSX0251) for general experience and skill requirements for the job classification of Software Engineer 3. For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals, mentors less experienced staff, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In addition, the agency requires:
A 10 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience in the analysis and design of application solutions within appropriate standards.
- Experience with the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2013 integrated development environment, including development, debugging and deployment.
- Experience with ASP.NET Forms and MVC 5
- Experience with .NET Libraries (e.g. Directory Services, Crypto, Enterprise Library)
- Experience with XML and related technologies and standards, such as the development of schema definitions (XSD), XML parsing and the development of XSLT.
- Experience with Windows Communication Foundation and creation of web services.
- Experience in the use of object oriented (OO) development principles such as Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism, Design Patterns, and S.O.L.I.D Principles.
- Experience with code control/version Team Foundation.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and testing tools and techniques.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Experience with Sencha ExtJS
- Experience with DB2 .NET library
- Experience with Entity Framework
Deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Provides principle .NET application and GUI design recommendations and implementation guidance for Agency web applications
- Develop and document internal GUI design and development standards and guidance.
- Develops, tests, debugs and maintains web-facing user interfaces and interface components and class libraries using .NET and other web oriented technologies.
- Work closely with business users, graphics designers and business analysts to ensure the final product is both appealing and well documented.
- Design and implement common user interface standards as well as develop and implement system usability standards.
- Develops, tests, debugs and maintains application entities and classes utilizing ADO.NET to communicate between web services and our DB2 SACWIS environment and other data providers as necessary
- Develop and/or maintains dynamic client-facing web pages using traditional XML, HTML, DHTML and style sheets (CSS).
- Integrates presentation and application layers using WSA and SOAP based protocols.
- Develops and/or maintains SQL used to support access to business information residing in the persistence layer.
- Provides GUI continuity management and quality assurance and testing support as needed.
- ASP – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- Entity Framework – Proficient (4-6 Years) – Yes
- Microsoft .NET Framework – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- MVC – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- ADO.NET – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- CSS – Proficient (4-6 Years) – Yes
- ASP. NET – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- C# – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- HTML – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- JavaScrip – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- JSON – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- SQL – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- VisualStudio – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3668