** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Sr. Applications Developer-COBOL-CICS
Duration: 24 Months
Interview Type: Phone and Skype
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2
Experience: 10 YEARS
Nebraska Department of Transportation / Business Technology Support Division is seeking dedicated Application Developer to join our team of performance driven professionals in helping to build the best of applications in support of NDOT’s business units. NDOT utilizes Agile development methodology.
- Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or hold a Technical Degree in Computer Science or related field. Programming experience can be substituted for education on a year for year basis. Minimum of 5 years experience in programming and development in COBOL. Must have experience in the last year coding programs in COBOL
- Explore and gain a thorough understanding of the business.
- Analytical skills working directly with business users, other developers, project managers, database administrators, QA analysts and web administrators.
- Responsible for coding, debugging, testing, and documenting programs in the language COBOL on a daily basis.
- Responsible for production support within a team environment.
- Perform the functional and technical design and implementation in a large-scale IT environment including consideration of existing automated systems with limited supervision.
- Use application development tools and utilities as appropriate.
- Skills in troubleshooting and weighing the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Provide appropriate documentation, workflow and knowledge transfer of applications, systems and processes.
- Maintain legacy applications (minor new development) in Micro Focus Cobol, COBOL and CICS that interact with the Department’s Information Systems.
- Able to research existing systems and document business requirements in the programs.
- Communicate status of work activities to supervisors and project managers.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and able to follow standard methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Candidate must work on-site at Department of Transportation, Lincoln, NE.
Must have experience with:
- COBOL and Microfocus COBOL preferred.
- CICS experience.
- Job Control Language (JCL) and job scheduling is required.
- Mainframe (z/OS) and TSO.
- DB2 Z/OS and writing SQL (Structured Query Language) in QMF.
- DB2 utilities
- XPEDITER, Abend-AID, File-AID, SDSF, Tivoli and related mainframe utilities
- Ten years of coding experience is preferred in COBOL.
- Experience developing in MicroFocus Cobol will be given high preference.
- Experience with application development in highway assets and transportation systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodology of 2+ years.
- Experience with web services.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 and higher and TSQL.
- Experience with SSRS reports.
- Experience with Visual Studio and GIT source control.
- Experience with SSRS reports.
- Experience with SSIS.
- Experience with Mainframe Migration (re-hosting or re-platform).
02/17/2020 – 02/18/2022
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: COBOL and Microfocus COBOL,DB2 Z/OS and writing SQL
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 24 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 55377
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S