***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Lead SQL DBA with T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
Location : Des Moines, IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 11 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8+ YEARS
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The State of Iowa is looking for someone who has a strong understanding of SQL Server database administration, with experience developing in SSIS and XML. This position will be supporting the Iowa Department of Public Health, joining a team of three. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing databases in the cloud and establishing operational procedures to maximize utilization.
Project: SQL Server DBA Support for IDPH. Description: Ongoing DBA support, SSIS development and technical leadership for the SQL Server DBA staff. Function as a Team Lead / Mentor to oversee and instruct less senior staff. Provide Data Warehouse Administration of source files and develops changes to Cubes and Dimensions. Business Case: Support Iowa Department of Public Health SQL Server DBMS’ and associated ETL (SSIS) and Reporting needs (SSRS). Also, Data Warehouse Administrator. Deliverables: Database installs, SSIS & SSRS development, performance tuning and troubleshooting. Data Warehouse maintenance changes.
• MS SQL 2016+
• SSRS 2015+
• SSIS for ETL
• T SQL for stored procedures
• Microsoft Window Server 2019 Datacenter, Microsoft Window Server 2016
• Datacenter and Microsoft Window Server 2012R2
• AWS Always On Availability Group
• Perform day-to-day operations (includes monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution, backup creation and maintenance, database optimization and tuning, etc.).
• Effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Drive results and leverage past experiences to improve the environment and related processes.
• Demonstrated leadership skills (foster a spirit of teamwork, mentor peers and take ownership of assigned project work).
• Stay current on technology and industry standards; work with leadership to develop strategic plans and roadmaps.
• Coordinate with other agency departments to update and integrate processes as necessary.
• Expert understanding of Database best practices 8 YEARS
• Strong technical and project management skills, as well as the willingness to engage in a hands-on way, to provide specific technical guidance and leadership to the team – 6 YEARS
• Strong written and verbal communication skills 6 YEARS
• Data Warehousing concepts (Cubes and Dimensions) 3 YEARS
• SQL Server DBA experience with 2012 or newer 8 YEARS
• SQL Server Database Design 8 YEARS
• SQL Server Database Performance monitoring 8 YEARS
• SQL Server database troubleshooting and query optimization 8 YEARS
• SQL Server Stored Procedure Design and implementation (T-SQL) 8 YEARS
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 8 YEARS
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 8 YEARS
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts (knowledge of Octopus Deploy and DbUp preferred). 2 YEARS
• Familiarity with Agile (Scrum and/or Kanban) methodology 2 YEARS
• AWS Always On Availability Groups 2 YEARS
• Experience migrating databases to the Cloud using Azure & AWS Highly Desired
• Architecture Planning experience
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: SQL Server DBA,SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),AWS
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 11 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2500
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S