*** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: SQL Server Database Administrator
Location: Des Moines, IA
Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: Skype or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H,W2
Experience: 9 YEARS
Preffer W2: U S C/G C/H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The State of Iowa is looking for someone who has a strong understanding of SQL Server database administration, with experience developing in SSIS and XML. This position will be an addition to our database support team of three SQL Server DBAs. This person will help shape the department’s future SQL Server vision from database standards and policies to automation efforts for deployment. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing databases in the cloud and will have experience with continuous integration and automation concepts.
• Perform day-to-day operations (includes monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution, backup creation and maintenance, database optimization and tuning, etc.).
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Drive results and leverage past experiences to improve the environment and related processes.
• Coordinate with other agency departments to update and integrate processes as necessary.
• Demonstrate leadership skills (foster a spirit of teamwork, mentor peers, and take ownership of assigned project work).
• Install and configure SQL Server, applying service packs and feature packs.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure integration and performance expectations are met as well as allow for future flexibility to meet changing business needs.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Stay current on technology and industry standards; work with leadership to develop strategic plans and roadmaps.
• SQL Server DBA experience with 2012 or newer [8 years – REQUIRED]
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) [8 years – REQUIRED]
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) [8 years – REQUIRED]
• SQL Server Stored Procedure Design and implementation [8 years – REQUIRED]
• SQL Server database troubleshooting and query optimization [8 years – REQUIRED]
• SQL Server Database Performance monitoring [8 years – REQUIRED]
• SQL Server Database Design [8 years – REQUIRED]
• Expert understanding of Database best practices [8 years – REQUIRED]
• Experience upgrading databases from lower to latest versions [8 years – REQUIRED]
• Data Warehousing concepts [3 years – REQUIRED]
• Operational automation using scripts (knowledge of Octopus Deploy and DbUp preferred) [2 years – REQUIRED]
• Databases migration using Azure &/or AWS [HIGHLY DESIRED]
• Experience in performing DR techniques – Always On, Clustering, Replication, Database mirroring, etc. [HIGHLY DESIRED]
Position Keywords: SQL Server DBA,SSRS,SSIS,Database,Data Warehousing
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 2268
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S