**** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: SQL Server Database Admin
Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: Skype Or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 10 YEARS
Experience designing and testing accounting/financial databases is strongly desiredAt least 9 years experience in:DB maintenanceDB access managementDB design & implementationAbility to identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams and provide data flow diagrams to document their workAbility to write code/scripts for database access, modifications and constructionsWorks under immediate supervision and reports to the IT supervisor.
2. PROJECT OVERVIEWDEEP
is currently undertaking database improvement initiatives that support key applicationsusing Microsoft SQL Server. These initiatives may be in addition to, or a variation ofrecommendations listed in the document, and must:
• Provide a stable and well-performing database infrastructure
.• Allow for the maintenance and expansion of the enterprise e-government solutions
.• Leverage Microsoft best practices.
• Take advantage of and be compatible with the targeted Microsoft SQL platformenhancements as intended (SQL Server 2016 v 2017 etc.).
• Support accurate financial data and accounting principles where applicable.
• Be prioritized and approved in concert with DEEP business stakeholders and OIM.
• Be tested in a Staging environment with appropriate business testing/signoff prior toProduction deployment.
• Include a Production Bill of Materials with a roll-back plan such that any relateddatabases (and applications) can be recovered following a failed or error-inducingrollout.
• Have Production deployments that are appropriately scheduled for content and duration– singly/multiply, based on risk, roll-back considerations, length of deployment, userinterruption etc.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
• Review full DB Assessment document, with analysis of current enterprise SQL DBinstances, to assess priorities with DEEP staff
• As needed, schedule sessions with business stakeholders and OIM staff to analyze businessdata requirements and data flows
• Design and implement all required database documentation, code, database objects, scripts,stored procedures, etc. to achieve the agreed-to DB initiatives. Work will be archived on TFSand/or Sharepoint as directed.
• Prepare and maintain the Project Management Plan (the “PMP”), which lists the activities,tasks, assignments, milestones and estimates, including:o Integrated Project Plano Quality Assurance and Document Control Plans and Processeso Delivered Materials Tracking and Acceptance Processeso Scope, Risk and Issue Management Processeso Bi-Weekly Status Report Template
• Review project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, asappropriate; measure and evaluate progress against the PMP with the DEEP ProjectManagers
• Work with the DEEP Project Managers to address and resolve deviations from the PMP
• Conduct regularly scheduled database initiatives status meetings
• Prepare meeting agendas and minutes
• Help resolve deviations from the estimated schedule
• Help resolve project issues and escalate issues, as necessary
• Review with the DEEP OIM Staff the monthly project status, acting on issues, actions andrecommendation set forth in the Bi-Weekly Status Reports
• Work with the DEEP OIM Staff to identify individuals who will need to participate in theworkshops and meetings, establish the schedules for these meetings, coordinate kickoffmeeting location and confirm attendance.
• Provide mentoring for DEEP OIM3A database assessment was recently completed that provided the following priority ranking ofrecommendations based on benefit and effort. Benefit was defined as the assumption of thelevel of performance gain achieved by implementing the recommendation. Effort was definedas the perceived difficulty / amount of time to implement. The highest priority ranking used aformula that had a combined value of 24 for the highest ranking, based on the charts andlegends below.
Note: the following does not fully define or limit the scope of work to be analyzed orimplemented by this contract, but is provided as a likely sample of the types of initiativesneeded. Some of these recommendations have already been completed or are in process. Required Skills/ExperienceThe vendor must have proven experience and expertise in analysis and implementation ofprojects involving Microsoft SQL Server. Additionally, the preferred vendor should be familiarwith a combination of the following:Microsoft SQL ServerStored Procedure developmentMicrosoft .NET Framework common language runtime (CLR)SQL Performance and Tuning ToolsRed Gate ToolsDatabase tuning and transactional flow
4. ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
Deliverables:Proposed Deliverables are to include but are not limited to the following:• Meeting agendas and minutes
• Design Documentation including ERD / Data Flow / Logic Analysis• Bill of Materials for Production deployments
• Database scripts that create / modify all necessary DB objects (DDL)
• CLR code and build instructions to TFSWork Schedule:The DEEP team hours are Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays. The vendor willhave access to the Hartford DEEP offices on a Monday through Friday schedule. Mondaythrough Friday hours will be 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. During weeks with after-hours deployments, thevendor should expect to be available (on site or remotely) to assist DEEP staff in the deploymentactivities, and adjust their hours worked for the week to compensate (no overtime unlesspreauthorized by DEEP).State Resources and Oversight:
• The vendor will be expected to work hours consistent with those of the DEEP ProjectManagers and project team.
• The vendor is expected to work on site at DEEP and may be provided VPN access for remotework if needed.
• The vendor may be required to work closely with DAS BEST staff in addition to DEEP staff.
Position Keywords: database objects , ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONSDeliverables , CLR code , Microsoft SQL Server , Sharepoint , MsoHyperlink , scripts, , TFSand , Microsoft , .NET , SQL , database documentatio
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 55450
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S