***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : MicroStation Support Engineer (OpenRoads Designer,civil engineering)
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 14 Months
Interview Type : Either Web Cam or In Person
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 5+ Years
Under broad supervision, the candidate will provide internal and external customer support, integrate third party software into GDOT’s CADD environment, develop technical documents, and develop and conduct software training
Two days on-site and 3 days telecommuting. Subject to change.
The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is seeking a Civil Engineering Software Support Engineer to assist in providing statewide support for the Department’s Civil Engineering software. The candidate will be responsible for providing internal and external customer support, integrating third party software into the Department’s CADD environment, developing technical documents, and developing and conducting software training sessions as needed. Position is long term – renewed annually. Preferred start date is May 10.
This work is performed predominantly in an office setting. The chosen individual will join a dynamic team of engineering professionals who provide software support for the various civil engineering software utilized by the Department. The team’s current project is implementation of Bentley’s OpenRoads Designer. The selected applicant will prepare and/or improve the customized workspace for GDOT and develop and document workflows to aid users. This work will be independent and collaborative. Limited overnight travel may be needed as part of these duties.
The following are minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related field
- 5 years of work experience in civil or transportation engineering, roadway design, or bridge design.
- Demonstrated experience with GDOT’s various civil engineering software, especially MicroStation.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge without repeated instruction and be detail oriented
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
The following are preferred for consideration for this position:
- Demonstrated experience with InRoads or OpenRoads Designer.
- Demonstrated experience supporting users of Civil Design software
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining a customized workspace for a Civil Design software
- Knowledge of GDOT Electronic Data Guidelines (EDG)
- Knowledge of GDOT Plan Presentation Guide (PPG)
- Knowledge of GDOT civil design standards
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related field – Required
- work experience in civil or transportation engineering, roadway design, or bridge design. – Required 5 Years
- Demonstrated experience with InRoads or OpenRoads Designer. – Highly desired 2 Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Civil Engineering, transportation engineering, roadway design, Bridge Design, OpenRoads Designer
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 14 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3062