**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : SRE Program Manager
Location : Nashville, TN or Conshohocken, PA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : W2
Experience : 8 Years
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run scalable and fault-tolerant systems. The SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of the company’s most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) within SRE, candidates will need to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional and non-functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with cross-functional Agile scrum teams.
- Work with the engineering leads to define the product strategy and roadmap(s) for the SRE organization, and work with client stakeholder groups on managing demand for features relative to planned product growth.
- Guide products from conception through launch, growth and maturity by connecting the technical and business worlds to meet our customers at their needs.
- Deliver tools and processes to improve engineering productivity.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Lead regular project status meetings while keeping all stakeholders aware of project and delivery status, including facilitating product review meetings and end-user forums. Manage exceptions and communicate issues and risks to the rest of the organization.
- Interact with client technical stakeholders in order to translate complex requirements into recommendations for appropriate solution with reliability at the core.
- Create programs and template solutions to achieve scalable and measurable impact across the SRE and client systems.
- Understand customer needs and help to shape SREs long-term product strategy.
- Focus on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), including application monitoring and DevOps automation
- Work with Engineering and DevOps teams to define strategy, requirements and SRE’s product offering and roadmap; identifying and securing commitment from teams across the company for new initiatives; driving consensus on the technical approach, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional development teams from design through delivery.
- Strong project manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator — whether working with developers or providing updates to business leadership.
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Technical leader with a knack for getting things done, who is able separate what’s important from what’s urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization.
Position Keywords: Site Reliability,Program Manager,DevOps automation,Agile scrum
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3293