***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Sharepoint Administrator
Location : Boston, MA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 8 years
The SharePoint Administrator will provide technical direction and support for Microsoft 365 and other business productivity technologies for the Information Technology Department. The SharePoint Administrator will define, recommend, design, and implement new uses of technology or improvements to existing systems to support business needs. Experience with SharePoint Online is required, as well as experience with the range of Microsoft 365 applications, services, and Admin centers including but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Forms, Lists, OneDrive for Business, and Power Automate.
You will work with a variety of team members and staff inside and outside the Information Technology Department. This position collaborates closely with the Teams Administrator to backup and provide secondary support to one another. As the core subject matter experts, you will together ensure the suitable implementation, adoption, and support of M365 and other technologies across the organization.
Please note that with respect to the ever-growing, integrated and evolving nature of Microsoft 365 technologies and the MBTA’s own portfolio of productivity tools—the person filling this role must be eager to establish and support new capabilities, features, and technologies as needed without limitation to just SharePoint Online and Teams.
The SharePoint Administrator will predominantly lead work related to the design, construction, and enhancement of the enterprise-wide architecture of SharePoint Online, Teams, and associated technologies. In these areas and others, the SharePoint Administrator will share their expertise and further support the transfer of knowledge to the partner Teams Administrator.
The partner Teams Administrator will predominantly lead work to design, implement, and enable the adoption of technical solutions and more specific business usages for Teams, SharePoint Online, and associated technologies by business functions and end-users seeking assistance. In these areas and others, the Teams Administrator will share their expertise and further support the transfer of knowledge to the SharePoint Administrator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is intended to be examples for which the person in this role will be responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not include the full list of the applicable responsibilities.
- Assist and provide support to IT and other functional teams, Power Users, Change Champions, and members of the general user population for SharePoint Online, Teams and associated technologies.
- Provide technical support and work to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system problems.
- Support partial or full migrations from other technologies into Microsoft 365 including managing the transition of any data, content, and usage (e.g., network shares, legacy content management systems, file storage and synchronization services, persistent communication platforms, and more).
- Provide training and guidance on recommended practices for using and supporting Microsoft 365 services.
- Maintain and ensure sustainable growth of services by performing routine operational tasks as required and providing overall planning and direction for the technologies.
- Monitor and track the health, performance, and usage of services through metrics, indicators, and analytics.
- Develop technical solution documentation and guidelines, business requirement documents for SharePoint and M365 platform projects.
- Deliver full business solutions by developing and integrating various technical components.
- Evaluate requirements and proposed technical solutions to determine operational feasibility.
- Conduct user testing to ensure proper functionality prior to implementation.
- Follow and use IT Service Management process and tools to manage various components of service delivery including incidents, service requests, IT work orders, and configuration changes.
- Develop and maintain internal and user documentation.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive experience in the analysis, design, implementation, administration, and governance of large, complex Microsoft 365 deployments.
- Practical Microsoft 365 product experience – configuring, administration, development and deploying custom solutions
- In depth understanding of Microsoft 365 architecture and Administration tasks with implementation experience of out of the box features and modern/classic webparts.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 application models with Taxonomy and Metadata experience
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Search, SharePoint Search Service, User Profile Service, Microsoft 365 Groups, SharePoint hub sites, and other Service Applications.
- Experience developing Custom SharePoint solutions, site templates, site/theme designs, Custom Pages, content types.
- Preferred experience administrating Microsoft 365 technologies through PowerShell and integrating them with third party applications – using CSOM, JSON, CSS, API etc.
- Strong knowledge with SharePoint security architecture with Azure Active Directory integrations.
- Experience with training end users and Content Managers regarding Microsoft 365 basics and fundamentals.
- Experience taking requirements and generating designs and implementing a final solution from scratch.
- Ability to effectively multitask around support and development of M365 applications.
- Experience with using IT Service Management process and tools for managing incidents, service requests, and configuration changes.
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Take ownership and ability to work within deadlines / timelines and within the scope.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
Position Keywords: Microsoft 365,Microsoft Search, SharePoint Search Service, User Profile Service, Microsoft 365 Groups, SharePoint hub sites,,Azure Active Directory
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3157