***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : ServiceNow Developer
Location : NW Washington, DC
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : W2
Experience : 5+years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
ServiceNow is used in the organization as the IT Service Management tool. The team manages the tool with the help of onsite and offshore team by configuring, customizing and developing ServiceNow based applications to support various needs of the organization. This position will help in configuring and customizing OOTB ServiceNow applications or developing new applications on the platform, along with providing support for the end users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support clients and internal business processes based on ServiceNow platform. In particular, deployed Incident & Problem Management, Asset management and CMDB, Change & Release management, SLM, Service Catalog with customization and build in-house applications
- Assist in developing new custom applications or customizing OOTB applications
- Provide production support if needed for the supported applications
- Design testing plans and carry out the testing for the above
- Write necessary scripts to customize the applications
Must Have Skills:
- Must have hands-on experience with end-to-end implementation of Discovery and Service Mapping
- This includes and not limited to installing/configuring MID Server, making sure patterns are up to date, migrate updated patterns from non-prod to production environment, etc.
- Must have proficient in ServiceNow to be able to troubleshoot issue related to MID Server, review logs and make modifications to CMDB to surface discovered data.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience in working with ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping.
- Demonstrated experience must include Discovery and Service Mapping related activities such as CI identification and reconciliation rules (identification reconciliation engine), creating discovery schedules, reviewing and troubleshooting discovery and service mapping logs, and creating new or modify existing patterns.
- Must have 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in the discovery of Cloud resources (AWS and Azure) not limited to Cloud Storages, Cloud Functions, Cloud APIs, Cloud Containers, serverless components, etc.
- Must have demonstrated experience and completed the service mapping of at least 50 large and complex applications in the Cloud (PaaS, IaaS) and hybrid application hosting model including development of custom patterns and/or modifying out-of-the-box patterns
- In-depth knowledge of Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, and Virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware)
- Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
- Demonstrated knowledge with XML and JSON/script language concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge with CyberArk as external ServiceNow credential store.
- Perform day to day administration of the Service-Now tool
- Maintain business services and configuration item relationships in Service-Now tool
- Develop and manage application code, user interface, and third-party integration components
- Develop necessary development documentation as needed e.g. technical design, developer notes, etc.
- Performs core configuration tasks including system policies, business rules and client scripts
- Manages users, groups and roles
- Manages data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets
- Creates Workflow activities and approvals. Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows
- Performs migration activities Dev to QA, QA to Prod
- Coordinates Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables
- Investigate performance issues, learn troubleshooting tools, and use system logs to find issues
- Deep understanding of REST, WSDL, JSON and ability to integrate with other third party applications like SPLUNK, APP Dynamics etc.
- Post roll out production support. Experience of handling Bug Fixes and Enhancement requests
- Experience working with Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes, Access Control Lists etc…
- Knowledge of working with different kind of scripts in ServiceNow and their order of execution.
- Experience working with email notifications, inbound actions, reports, gauges, and home pages.
- Experience on creation of catalog items, wizards, record producers, interceptors, user guide.
- Working on creation and customization of complex workflows and custom workflow activities.
- Worked with transform maps, data sources and different transform scripts for data loads and management.
- Working with schedule jobs, events and triggers to manage business needs and handle background work.
- Working with complex UI customization and UI macros.
- Appreciated for suggesting and successfully implementing performance changes throughout different modules of ServiceNow by converting sync server calls to async and use of scratchpad
- Working knowledge of Performance Analytics and Reports
- Coordinates installation of ServiceNow upgrades and/or service packs. Develops and manages the preparation of systems, test criteria and control for upgrades, service packs, new functionality, enhancements or error correction
- Develops and improves user systems procedures, and prepares systems documentation.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with customers, other technology specialists, and vendors about services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to quickly learn and take advantage of new technologies and concepts
- Good understanding of customer requirements and pain points
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to effectively communicate quality technical and functional system specifications
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information, or Electrical Engineering
- ServiceNow certification (preferred)
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: ServiceNow platform,AWS and Azure
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2906
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S