**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Business Analyst
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 8 Years
Is This You?
- You enjoy designing services, products, websites, and graphics tied to existing and new digital products.
- Big Picture Thinking. You strive to improve internal processes and externally facing solutions.
- User-centric. You derive joy from working with people to drive user-centered research and testing.
- You understand how to reach and move an audience with an engaging story.
- Embrace Change. You have experience thinking outside of the box, understand the perspectives of others, interpret and validate with data.
- Service-Oriented. You are passionate about government innovation and improving services for citizens.
About the Role
- The Service Designer will work closely with our cross-functional project team focused in building and improving the State of Connecticut’s government services. The Service Designer will support the mission by redesigning systems at scale with and for residents and government employees in public spaces. You will work with a multidisciplinary team of designers and experts to create solutions exist in the digital and physical realms.
- As an CTDS Service Designer, you’ll be a hands-on design expert, taking concepts forward and working hand-in-hand with partners to implement services in a variety of communities and settings. Furthermore, the Service Designer will work with the team to plan and implement user-centric analysis and testing methodologies to improve each digital product.
- An ideal candidate should be a talented and knowledgeable designer with fresh, creative ideas, and an excellent eye for detail. In addition to understanding user experience design and development methodologies, the candidate should also have experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experiences Required for This Role
Systems Design – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Champion Service Design within the State of Connecticut and work with the CT Digital Service to design and scale Connecticut’s digital services for diverse communities of users
- Design for both the target user’s experience and agencies’ ability to implement and scale
- Develop and deliver project reporting, requirements, documentation, and presentations
- Serve as an advisor to the greater digital team in developing services across health, business, transportation, education, etc.
Internal Collaboration – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Distill business, customer, and partner constraints into digestible components for the design team
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting partner deadlines
- Be collaborative. Contribute to healthy team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support
- External Collaboration – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Communicate the story of CTDS work with partners, agencies, and external stakeholders
- Analyze and respond to partners in a timely manner
- Engage the State of Connecticut’s partners to iterate, test and scale new service designs
- Participate in the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with the Program Director and UX/UI Manager to issue regular reports and troubleshoot problem areas
- Showcase progress and impact through quantifiable analytics
- Digital Platforms, Tools, & Discipline – At least 3 years of experience and use cases with the following:
- Working with enterprise scale digital platforms and products
- Using of productivity and analysis tools to manage iterative delivery, such as JIRA, Google Analytics, Git Repository, MS TEAMS, Confluence
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Service Design
- You know the power of well-crafted design direction and, as an engaged citizen, you see immense potential for change in the world.
- You’re passionate about social impact, government services, and great design.
- You have experience growing people-first services.
- You believe in iteration, and reiteration.
- You get things done.
- You have launched, run, or scaled a service redesign initiative
- You have experience working in the field and in the studio
- You approach processes systemically and can view a challenge at multiple levels, including from the lens of a customer, consumer, or resident.
- You have experience designing and implementing solutions in resource-constrained environments.
- You are supportive in teammates’ skills and behaviors thought development and delivery
- You easily communicate and envision service concepts and ideas to team members, state-wide partners, and leadership.
- You use a diverse but tested set of methods and tools to illustrate the components and touchpoints of the service.
- You balance creative and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- You utilize judgement in dealing effectively and diplomatically with government staff
- You can maintain strict confidentiality
- Preferred Skills & Qualifications
Other Desirable Skills
- An bachelors’ degree or higher in design, marketing, communications, or related field
- 5 years professional experience in design
- A portfolio of work
- 2 year of user-centered design
- 2 year of user research and analytics
- The Service Designer will work as part of an iterative team using agile sprints. Work will be assigned based on items in the product backlog associated with Website Improvements. These tasks may be adjusted, reduced, or expanded as the project progresses through various phases. The contract employee shall be expected to maintain and provide written documentation on any work performed in conjunction with this engagement.
- The engagement will be for a term of up to 12 months. All work will be performed in eight (8) hour shifts, Monday to Friday, excluding State holidays. If workflow dictates an on-site presence is not needed, consultant may work remotely. All extended remote work will need approval by Chief Digital Officer or the designated manager. Payment will be on a time and material basis and paid only for hours worked. Travel to various state offices will be required. State Agencies are in downtown Hartford and the Greater Hartford area. Local Travel Reimbursement is not provided.
- Use of State Resources: The contractor will share a dedicated office space and will be provided with all computer hardware and software needed to execute and perform the duties for this program.
- Security/Privacy Considerations:Information accessible by the contractor may be sensitive, confidential, or subject to the Privacy Act and/or HIPAA considerations. Contractor personnel must be familiar with and comply with the provisions of appropriate regulations and/or instructions. Signing of a confidentiality agreement will be required. Daily sign-in to the facility may be required. The contractor employee must always display an access badge while present in state facilities. A background check will be required.
- User Experience Design (UX) Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Digital Skills Training Designer Advanced (7-9 Years)
Position Keywords: Service Designer,UX/UI Manager,JIRA, Google Analytics, Git Repository, MS TEAMS, Confluence,portfolio
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3322