**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Senior Technical Operations Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Duration: Long term
Interview Type: WebCam Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H, W2
Experience: 7+ YEARS
The Senior Technical Operations Engineer is responsible for the management and delivery of cloud-based software products and underlying informatics platform with high availability, scalability, fault-tolerance, quality and security.
The mission of the Operations team is to streamline the value delivery from developers to customers by adopting robust DevOps operations, practices, automation and processes.
The Technical Operations Engineer is responsible for the full build, delivery and deployment lifecycle of Digital Science’s platform and software products. The Technical Operations (TechOps) team manages customer environments and deployments and works closely with support and services teams.
The Operations team is responsible deployment architecture, and its automation and operations. The team works closely with Corporate Information Security (CIS), Corporate IT and compliance teams to ensure required standards are met. The Operations Engineer is responsible for maintaining reliability of managed services for our customers.
The Operations team strives to continuously learn, adapt and improve its maturity level. The team relies on automation, monitoring, DevOps principles, robust CI/CD pipeline and change management process to ensure timely build/release of quality software.
- Design, maintain and improve quality, performance, scalability and availability of 24X7 production and internal environments.
- Proactively monitor services and respond to and troubleshoot issues.
- Escalate problems (when required) to appropriate team members.
- Maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of the customer environments.
- Work closely with rest of the Operations team members across geographical boundaries and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Identify opportunities to implement automation and carry through on implementation.
- Plan and perform scheduled maintenance and product upgrades (during and after-hours) on rotation basis.
- Build/support CI/CD pipelines. Deploy new versions of software.
- Work in scheduled on-call rotation.
- Author and contribute to Infrastructure Documentation and Knowledgebase.
- Implement information security management systems and compliance controls
- Stay current with latest technical and security breakthroughs and vulnerabilities and industry best practices.
- Implement, test and operate advanced security techniques in compliance with industry best practices.
- Develop and manage an information security strategy for products and processes.
- Design security controls with the Cloud shared responsibility model and global infrastructure.
- Design identity/access management and governance controls.
- Design protection of Data at Rest and in Flight, and Network Perimeter controls.
- Implement and manage automated network security, application security, auditing and validation.
- Counsel your colleagues on information security practices.
- Leverage attack tools to test for vulnerabilities.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to exploit software.
- Research/identify flaws and remedy mistakes.
- with Corporate Informatics Security (CIS) teams to share ideas and implement corporate requirements.
- Work with software and operations teams to align security practices across solutions delivered to customers.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field, or 4 years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience running medium to large scale multi-tier distributed systems with Linux/Unix, Windows OS, Kubernetes, VMWare, Apache Tomcat and Java
- Compute, Cloud & Network: Architecting and Automating Software Integrations and Delivery in the Cloud; Linux; Virtualization; Containers; Kubernetes; Cloud Platform(e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud); System Design; Network fundamentals, Network Security, Network Virtualization; Network Architectures; Governance and Change Management; Highly Available 24x7x365 operations experience; DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering; Agile methodologies; scripting and infrastructure as code, python.
- Software Architecture: Knowledge and experience of multi-tier HA modern applications; SOA; Microservices; API/Web services
- CI/CD: Build/Test/Deployment Automation; Jenkins, Azure DevOps; Git; CloudFormation, Terraform; Deployment Architecture
- Security: Security Operations and Automation; Industry standards and compliance, e.g., HIPAA, SOC, ISO, GxP, GDPR, CCPA, etc.; Security Best Practices; Encryption, Authentication/authorization, Integrity; Tools: vulnerability scans, penetration testing; IDS/IPS, WAF; OWASP
- Databases: DB Administration, Finetuning, Management; Knowledge of DB Models, Highly Available DB Architectures and Design
- Knowledge of agile software development and release management processes
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Systematic approach to problem solving and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications: Cloud Certification (AWS, Azure, Google), Project Management Certification (PMP, Certified Scrum Master), Security/Compliance (CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, CISM), Kubernetes
- Programming: Scripting, Python, Perl, Infrastructure as Code, Java, Groovy, Go.
- Experience with compliance and regulatory programs Service Organization Controls (SOC), HIPAA, NIST, FISMA.
- Informatics experience with LIMS and other related software packages is high desirable
- Open to working flexible hours.
Position Keywords: PMP, Certified Scrum Master,Linux/Unix, Windows OS, Kubernetes, VMWare, Apache Tomcat and Java,Virtualization; Containers; Kubernetes; Cloud Platform,HIPAA, SOC, ISO, GxP, GDPR, CCPA
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: long term
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2078
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S