***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Senior Reliability Engineer
Location : Carlsbad, CA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
Preferred candidate from PST Timezone Or Locals
What will you do?
Play a key role in our client’s digital transformation. Drive company’s Reliability Engineering initiative and be part of a DevOps culture, working with global platform and development teams.
Tools and automation
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. • Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications.
- Manage environments in AWS with a focus on ec2, and Systems Manager
- Proficiency in writing shell scripts, debugging errors, and modifying scripts when necessary
- Prefer good experience on VMware , ILO and physical servers.
- Need to be an expert with DNS, FTP and NFS also with remote access and security.
- Should be well aware of all patching issues related to Redhat.
- Experience in migrating servers and upgrading servers.
- Previous experience on Redhat Satellite server will be required.
- Drive root cause analyses, and coach others on doing them, in collaboration with software development teams
- Analyze and adjust designs to assist in predicting and improving system stability.
- Works closely with our external partners and industry leaders to ensure we have a keen understanding of where industry trends and technologies are going and factor those into our strategies and roadmaps
- Previous experience with Service Now and proficiency in creating workflows
- Ensure the solutions the Reliability Engineering team designs and delivers are meeting defined business requirements and will stand the test of time from an operational excellence perspective
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure the solutions we’re designing and delivering meet data security and compliance requirements
- Be available for scheduling for 24/7 oncall rotation to respond to and resolve issues
How will you get here?
4-year degree with major in Computer Science/ Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited university
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of Linux experience
- Need 1-3 years of experience in patching multiple Linux platforms Like Redhat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, especially RHEL 6 (i.e. Redhat).
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of experience in Cloud Solutions Delivery and Cloud architecture, especially public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP. Strong preference for AWS experience
Tool & Technology Skills
- In depth understanding and experience in AWS and a cloud first/cloud only initiative
- AWS proficiency (ec2, s3, Systems Manager, RDS, Route 53, Lambda, IAM, VPC, Security groups) and other services
- Scripting languages: Python and overall Linux shell scripting skills
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks utilizing data in the environment while using data to do so
- Experience in the Unix administration/engineering
- Working knowledge in Docker
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: ec2, s3, Systems Manager, RDS, Route 53, Lambda, IAM, VPC, Security groups,AWS,Azure, GCP.,Redhat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris,
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2621
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S